Naphazoline HCl Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Naphazoline HCl 1mg (0.1%); oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for Naphazoline HCl:
For use as a topical ocular vasoconstrictor.
Adults and Children:
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the conjunctival sac(s) every 3–4hrs as needed.
Anatomically narrow angle or in narrow-angle glaucoma.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular abnormalities. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Infection. Injury. Children (esp. infants): may result in CNS depression leading to coma and marked reduction in body temperature. Discontinue if no relief obtained within 48hrs of therapy, if irritation, blurring or redness persists or increases, or if symptoms of systemic absorption occur. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant maprotiline or tricyclic antidepressants may potentiate pressor effect. Severe hypertensive crisis possible with concomitant MAOIs.
Sympathomimetic (imidazoline derivative).
Ocular (eg, mydriasis, increased redness, irritation, discomfort, blurring, punctate keratitis, lacrimation, increased intraocular pressure); systemic (eg, dizziness, headache, nausea, sweating, nervousness, drowsiness, weakness, hypertension, cardiac irregularities, hyperglycemia).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|