Generic Name and Formulations:
Nabumetone 500mg, 750mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nabumetone:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis.
Initially 1g once daily; max 2g/day in 1 or 2 divided doses. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–49mL/min): initial max 750mg once daily, may increase to 1.5g/day; (CrCl <30mL/min): initial max 500mg once daily, may increase to 1g/day.
Aspirin allergy. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. History of upper GI disease or other ulcer risk. Cardiovascular disease. Renal or severe hepatic impairment. Fluid retention. Heart failure. Hypertension. Asthma. Monitor BP, renal and hepatic function. Discontinue if hepatic dysfunction or skin rash occurs. Monitor hemoglobin or hematocrit if signs of anemia occur. Avoid sun, UV light. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Renal toxicity potentiated with diuretics. May potentiate lithium. May antagonize ACE inhibitors. Monitor oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin). Caution with methotrexate.
GI bleeding or upset, edema, photosensitivity, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, fatigue, sweating, insomnia, nervousness, somnolence, rash (discontinue if occurs), pruritus, tinnitus. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Relafen.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|