Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimabotulinumtoxin B 2500 Units/0.5mL, 5000 Units/1mL, 10000 Units/2mL; soln for IM inj; contains human albumin; preservative-free.
Indications for MYOBLOC:
Cervical dystonia, to reduce severity of abnormal head position and neck pain.
Should be administered and managed by experienced physicians. Individualize. Treatment-experienced: Initially 2500 to 5000 Units divided among affected muscles. Treatment-naïve: use lower initial dose. Adjust subsequent doses based on response.
Infection at proposed inj site.
Not interchangeable with other botulinum toxin products. Spread of botulinum toxin effects my be observed beyond the local injection site. Pre-existing dysphagia. Respiratory disorders. Neuromuscular disorders (eg, myasthenia gravis, ALS, Lambert-Eaton syndrome); monitor closely. Contains human albumin; monitor for possible viral disease transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by aminoglycosides or other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission (eg, curare-like compounds). Concomitant other botulinum toxin products may potentiate neuromuscular paralysis.
Inj site reactions, dry mouth, dysphagia (may be severe), dyspepsia, headache; respiratory difficulties, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|