Myeloproliferative Neoplasms News & Features
A chart review reveals 3 cases of CML developing in patients with diagnoses of ET and PV.
Treatments for essential thrombocythemia (ET) comprising hydroxyurea and alkylating agents did not appear to impact development of secondary malignancies in patients with ET.
A lack of needed transfusion services was cited as why many hematologic oncologists are less likely to refer their patients with blood cancers to home hospice care.
Presence of JAK2 mutation and leukocytosis are strong predictors for thromboembolic events in patients with essential thrombocythemia (ET).
NCCN released its newest Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. These guidelines will assist with preventive, diagnostic, and treatment decisions for patients with myelofibrosis, as well as the other myeloproliferative neoplasms, essential thrombocythemia and PV.
Predisposition genes for familial polycythemia vera were identified via exome sequencing in a Finnish family with 4 patients.
Myelofibrosis, extensive splenomegaly, and symptomatic burden are significantly improved for patients with MPN by JAK1 and JAK2 inhibition; however, some major needs in this patient group are still largely unmet.
This fact sheet examines the various kinds of chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms, and the tests utilized to detect and diagnose them.
A case of simultaneous PAP and MPN diagnoses demonstrate the importance of evaluating for GM-CSF autoantibodies to distinguish autoimmune and secondary forms of PAP.
Genetic Underpinnings of Splanchnic Vein Thrombosis in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms May Provide New Insights
Risk factors for splanchnic vein thrombosis in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms are multifactorial, involving both environmental and host genetic factors.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Radiotherapy is Essential in Treating Brain Tumors But Associated With Significant Adverse Events
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|