Myeloproliferative Neoplasms News & Features
Myelofibrosis, extensive splenomegaly, and symptomatic burden are significantly improved for patients with MPN by JAK1 and JAK2 inhibition; however, some major needs in this patient group are still largely unmet.
This fact sheet examines the various kinds of chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms, and the tests utilized to detect and diagnose them.
A case of simultaneous PAP and MPN diagnoses demonstrate the importance of evaluating for GM-CSF autoantibodies to distinguish autoimmune and secondary forms of PAP.
Genetic Underpinnings of Splanchnic Vein Thrombosis in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms May Provide New Insights
Risk factors for splanchnic vein thrombosis in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms are multifactorial, involving both environmental and host genetic factors.
Research on the transformation of MDS to AML identifies a protein whose deletion is a potential tumor suppressor that would block this disease progression.
Simtuzumab is well-tolerated but has inconsistent clinical benefit for patients with myelofibrosis.
Blood test combined with medical status information predicts stem cell transplant success in patients with MDS.
In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
Azathioprine for the treatment of autoimmune disorders is significantly associated with an increased risk of acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Behavior Pain Assessment Tool Measures Pain In Patients Who Cannot Communicate Verbally
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Updated ASTRO Guideline Bolsters Safety, Efficacy of Palliative RT for Bone Metastases
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence Increasing Among Younger, Hispanic, African American Populations
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Recommendations Against Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy Not Tied to Patient Satisfaction
- Self-efficacy Level Predictive of Likelihood to Follow Through With Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Treatment (Fact Sheet)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|