Myeloproliferative Neoplasms News & Features
Using a cross-sectional online survey, researchers sought to determine how a MPN diagnosis affects work productivity and employment for patients with polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytopenia, or myelofibrosis.
Researchers investigated the antileukemic activity of metformin and ruxolitinib alone and in combination in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Researchers assessed outcomes for 587 patients with PV to determine the risk factors most likely to predict arterial or venous thrombosis in this patient population.
In this randomized trial, investigators sought to determine the effectiveness of high-dose dexamethasone vs conventional prednisone therapy in treatment-naïve patients with ITP. Results were presented at ASH 2017.
Data presented at ASH 2017 confirm that ruxolitinib improves hematocrit control, hematologic remission, and reduction in spleen size in some patients with polycythemia vera who fail hydroxyurea.
What is the concern behind PARP inhibitors and leukemia?
A phase 2 study compared ruxolitinib with best-available therapy as second-line treatment for patients with high-risk essential thrombocythemia or polycythemia vera who became intolerant of first-line therapy.
[Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy] Investigators conduct 4 case studies that illustrate a range of coagulation disorders that can develop in patients with leukemia to elucidate the rationale and process of specific treatment options.
This case of a 63-year-old African American male with a complicated history illustrates the need for a comprehensive risk assessment of thrombosis in patients with primary polycythemia vera, especially those with concomitant conditions that predispose to thrombosis.
This fact sheet reviews common symptoms associated with polycythemia vera (PV) and how a patient may address them, along with an overview of more serious symptoms that require medical attention.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- Two Programs, One Goal: Meeting the Challenges of Oncology Navigation
- Navigating Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|