Myeloproliferative Neoplasms News & Features
In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
Ruxolitinib is proven superior to best available therapy for polycythemia vera with inadequate response or intolerance of hydroxyurea. This study evaluates the impact of continued hydroxyurea vs switching to ruxolitinib on disease-related symptom burden.
Evidence suggests that women with myeloproliferative neoplasms have a higher risk of maternal and fetal complications. In this data analysis, researchers evaluated outcomes for pregnant women with essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia, or myelofibrosis and their infants.
This fact examines the possible causes, risk factors, symptoms, and treatments associated with polycythemia vera.
The clinical course of a patient with polycythemia vera and proteinuria whose biopsy lead to a diagnosis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis is described.
Patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms, such as polycythemia vera and myelofibrosis, and their physicians frequently view the assessment of disease prognosis, disease burden, and treatment goals differently.
Ruxolitinib is an effective long-term treatment option for patients with polycythemia resistant or intolerant to hydroxyurea, according to a study presented at the 2016 European Hematology Association Congress.
[Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research provides a summary of the pathobiology of polycythemia vera, and examines challenges associated with traditional PV treatment options and the clinical data for ruxolitinib.
High platelet counts and hemoglobin/hematocrit levels may be associated with hearing loss in patients with polycythemia vera.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|