New research has identified as few as nine genetic features would need to be tested to identify high-risk patients who might benefit from intensive myeloma treatment.
Survival gains observed when elotuzumab was added to treatment.
Improved progression-free survival in relapsed multiple myeloma has been seen with the addition of carfilzomib to lenalidomide and dexamethasone therapy.
Recent therapeutic progress has improved outcomes for patients with myeloma; however, the complex biology of this disease continues to challenge treatment.
New multiple myeloma treatment options have shown promise for patients aged 65 years and younger and for newly diagnosed individuals ineligible for stem-cell transplantation, according to two studies.
Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone delays progression, improves survival versus observation
Carfilzomib is approved for people who have been treated with at least two other therapies.
Bortezomib induction/maintenance up complete response, progression-free, and overall survival rates.
These tips can help patients with multiple myeloma learn more about how to cope with the disease.
Three studies show benefit of lenalidomide, including after induction therapy or stem-cell transplant.
The urgent need for treatment may require a woman with a hematologic cancer to end an early-stage pregnancy, but not necessarily a later-stage one.
This fact sheet reviews a number of resources available to patients coping with multiple myeloma, from the health care team to in the community.
Although the risks of erythropoietin-stimulating agents can outweigh the benefits, select patients may benefit.
Many people see their cancer care as a collaboration. This fact sheet provides tips for patients with multiple myeloma for improving communication with providers during office visits.
Overall, cancer incidence rates fell approximately 1% annually and overall death rates decreased by an average of 1.6% annually between 2003 and 2007.
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Risk of Second Cancers Increased in Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors
- Directly Informing Patients of Breast Cancer Risk, Options Improves Follow-Up Screening
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Free Lung Cancer Screening Findings Support Continual Screenings in High-Risk Populations
- Parental Self-persuasion in Low-Income Groups Improves HPV Vaccination Rates
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Shared Decision-making Visits Improved Comfort With Lung Cancer Screening Decisions
- Temozolomide With Radiotherapy for Glioblastoma Provides Some Survival Benefit in Elderly
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|