Imetelstat, a novel telomerase-inhibiting drug, has been found to induce morphologic, molecular, and clinical remissions in some patients with myelofibrosis, according to a new study. The results were presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
MicroRNA-155 has been identified as a new independent prognostic marker and treatment target in patients with acute myeloid leukemia whose chromosomes look normal under the microscope.
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin, discontinued here in 2010, reduced relapse risk and improved survival in Welsh patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
Most of the hundreds of mutations found in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) genomes occur randomly as part of the aging process, unrelated to cancer.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
This fact sheet educates patients about the causes of and treatment options for CML.
The following fact sheet educates patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia about getting help sorting through treatment options, managing side effects, and finding financial assistance.
Researchers found that a gene mutation prevents tyrosine kinase inhibitors from working in some East Asian cancer patients, and can correct this.
Persons with acute myeloid leukemia who harbor specific gene mutations may have improved overall survival with higher doses of chemotherapy.
Phase 3 trial shows improved event-free, overall survival versus standard therapy alone.
Advanced profiling of gene mutations in acute myeloid leukemia could potentially be used to help predict prognosis and guide treatment decisions.
Also, bone marrow cells in myelodysplastic syndromes, secondary AML are clonal.
Good long-term survival for chronic myeloid leukemia after failed interferon alpha treatment.
Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) has been granted regular approval by the FDA for use in adults following surgical removal of CD117-positive gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST).
Hematopoietic stem cells from healthy persons older than 65 years make fewer immunoprotective lymphocytes than do stem cells from healthy persons aged 20 to 35 years.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|