Imetelstat, a novel telomerase-inhibiting drug, has been found to induce morphologic, molecular, and clinical remissions in some patients with myelofibrosis, according to a new study. The results were presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
MicroRNA-155 has been identified as a new independent prognostic marker and treatment target in patients with acute myeloid leukemia whose chromosomes look normal under the microscope.
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin, discontinued here in 2010, reduced relapse risk and improved survival in Welsh patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
Most of the hundreds of mutations found in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) genomes occur randomly as part of the aging process, unrelated to cancer.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
This fact sheet educates patients about the causes of and treatment options for CML.
The following fact sheet educates patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia about getting help sorting through treatment options, managing side effects, and finding financial assistance.
Researchers found that a gene mutation prevents tyrosine kinase inhibitors from working in some East Asian cancer patients, and can correct this.
Persons with acute myeloid leukemia who harbor specific gene mutations may have improved overall survival with higher doses of chemotherapy.
Phase 3 trial shows improved event-free, overall survival versus standard therapy alone.
Advanced profiling of gene mutations in acute myeloid leukemia could potentially be used to help predict prognosis and guide treatment decisions.
Also, bone marrow cells in myelodysplastic syndromes, secondary AML are clonal.
Good long-term survival for chronic myeloid leukemia after failed interferon alpha treatment.
Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) has been granted regular approval by the FDA for use in adults following surgical removal of CD117-positive gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST).
Hematopoietic stem cells from healthy persons older than 65 years make fewer immunoprotective lymphocytes than do stem cells from healthy persons aged 20 to 35 years.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|