Progress from myelodysplastic syndrome to AML is linked to the enzyme glycogen synthase kinase, and a molecular signature is found to predict clinical outcomes of patients with MDS.
Combination therapy effective for patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)/acute myeloid leukemia (AML)January 05, 2015
Combined treatment with azacitidine and lenalidomide may be an effective frontline treatment regimen for patients with higher-risk forms of myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia.
Patients with myelodysplastic syndrome age 66 to 74 years did as well with stem cell transplantation as patients age 60 to 65 years. This research was presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
Managing anemia in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) is complex. When are erythroid growth factors used as primary treatment?
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin, discontinued here in 2010, reduced relapse risk and improved survival in Welsh patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
Drug Safety Communication on lenalidomide (Revlimid); FDA approval for pazopanib (Votrient)
Also, bone marrow cells in myelodysplastic syndromes, secondary AML are clonal.
More adverse effects seen for high dose in patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
A genetic defect found on the GATA2 gene predisposes people to acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplasia, researchers have learned.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Patients With Urologic Cancer Need Psycho-oncologic Support to Manage High Stress
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Ceritinib for First-line Treatment of ALK+ NSCLC
- Overall Health Worse in African American Men Undergoing Active Surveillance For Prostate Cancer
- Clinical Benefit of Simtuzumab Inconsistent for Myelofibrosis
- Follow-up Rates in Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer Higher in University-Based vs Safety-Net Hospitals
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|