Multiple Myeloma News & Features
Response to the human CD38-directed monoclonal antibody daratumumab is significantly associated with CD38 expression on the tumor cells in patients with multiple myeloma, per a recent study.
Daratumumab in Combination With Standard-of-Care Treatment Significantly Improves Outcomes in Patients With Multiple Myeloma
Daratumumab in combination with the standard-of-care treatment regimen reduced risk of disease progression or death by 63% compared with the standard-of-care regimen alone in patients with multiple myeloma who had received at least 1 prior line of therapy.
A post-hoc analysis of the Phase 3 ASPIRE study indicates that treatment combining carfilzomib with lenalidomide and dexamethasone extended survival time for patients with multiple myeloma.
A third clinical trial is beginning for phase I testing of SurVaxM, a cancer vaccine. This trial tests for safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in combination with lenalidomide as maintenance therapy for adults with multiple myeloma.
Daratumumab + Bortezomib/Dexamethasone: Reduced Risk of Disease Progression Seen in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma
Adding daratumumab to bortezomib and dexamethasone was associated with a 61% reduction in risk of disease progression in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM), according to results of the phase 3 CASTOR study presented in a plenary session at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Multiple Myeloma Clinical Trials
- Baseline PSA Levels in Midlife Could Predict Risk of Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Overall Survival and Progression-Free Survival Are Improved With Ibrutinib for del17p CLL
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Preoperative Breast MRI Affected by Patient Positioning
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- PET/CT Hybrid Imaging Technique Provides Accurate Guide for Prostate Cancer Biopsy
- Extent of Resection Influences Length of Progression-Free Survival in Glioblastoma
- Surgery Improves Survival in Metastatic Kidney Cancer, But Is Little Used
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Safe as Standard of Care in Patients With HIV-Associated Lymphoma
- Surgery Improves Quality of Life for Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|