Generic Name and Formulations:
Plerixafor 20mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MOZOBIL:
In combination with granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF): To mobilize hematopoietic stem cells to the peripheral blood for collection and autologous transplantation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myeloma.
Start after 4 days' treatment with G-CSF. Give approximately 11hrs before starting apheresis. Repeat up to 4 consecutive days. Base dose on actual body weight. 0.24mg/kg SC; max 40mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl≤50mL/min): 0.16mg/kg; max 27mg/day.
Not for use in leukemia. May cause mobilization of tumor cells (in combination with G-CSF). Monitor blood and platelet counts (esp. neutrophils). Monitor for splenic enlargement/rupture after administration in combination with G-CSF; evaluate if left upper abdominal pain and/or scapular or shoulder pain occurs. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after administration for at least 30mins. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion.
Hematopoietic stem cell mobilizer.
Diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, dizziness, vomiting; anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity reactions (may be serious), tumor cell mobilization, increased circulating neutrophils, decreased platelet counts, enlarged spleen, vasovagal reaction may occur.
Single-use vials (1.2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|