Increasing fiber consumption after diagnosis may lower risk of all-cause, CRC-specific mortality.
Investigators assessed the impact of advances over time in the treatment of Hodgkin lymphoma on all-cause mortality in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma who received radiotherapy alone or with chemotherapy.
Tool incorporates the relative contribution of tumor stage and lymph node involvement.
Investigators sought to determine clinical and cost effectiveness of additional colonoscopy screening in patients undergoing FIT screening for colorectal cancer.
Retrospective analysis of data from more than 19,000 women revealed that all-cause mortality rates are higher in women with breast cancer who have a prior diagnosis of a mental illness.
Alternative medicine was independently tied to greater mortality risk compared to conventional treatment, researchers found.
Among adults aged 20 to 54 years, increase in CRC mortality only seen in whites aged 30 to 54 years.
Liver cancer mortality has increased at a faster pace than other cancers in the United States, but substantial disparities exists in mortality rates for race/ethnicity and state of residence.
The joint report states that overall cancer rates have decreased for men, women, and children in all major race and ethnic groups. However, progress has been limited for some cancers.
Increase mainly due to papillary thyroid cancer, which increased in incidence for all SEER stages at diagnosis
Cancer deaths within 1 month of diagnosis occur most often in patients younger than 1 years, especially among Blacks and Hispanics.
Pregnancy around the time of, or after, diagnosis of breast cancer is not associated with an increased risk of death.
The Decipher genomic classifier obtained from biopsy samples was prognostic for distant metastases and prostate cancer-specific mortality.
NODA and V3 are volunteer programs that provide a compassionate presence for patients who are alone in their final hours.
Risk for all-cause mortality is lower among older women treated for DCIS.
Using statistical models, predictions were made for death rates from melanoma in 3 three countries and based on availability of a treatment.
Investigators determined the impact of socioeconomic status on disease status at presentation and survival among patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
Human metapneumovirus infections were associated with significant morbidity in patients with cancer; however, 30-day mortality rates were low.
A new study that only included women with a cervix has found the risk of dying from cervical cancer is higher than previously thought.
Cancer mortality rates in the United States have dropped, according to a new ACS report.
A twenty percent decrease in cancer death rate among children and adolescents has taken place from 1999 to 2014.
Low aerobic capacity has greater effect on longevity than even high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.
A study of nearly 1000 patients with HCC found that black patients with the disease had a 33% greater risk of death compared with non-Hispanic whites.
Research indicates that four key lifestyle factors contribute significantly to cancer mortality outcomes.
Previous Cancers Linked to Higher Rates for Death and New Cancers in Organ Transplantation RecipientsMay 06, 2016
People who had had cancer before an organ transplant are more likely to die of any cause or of cancer, or to develop a new cancer than people had not had cancer before an organ transplant.
The cancer death rate has dropped by 23% since its peak in 1991, averting more than 1.7 million cancer deaths through 2012, with advances in cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment a part of this rate decline.
Mortality rate changes in the United States since 1991 translate to an additional 1.7 million cancer survivors.
Cancer patients in their last weeks of life may have end-of-life experiences, including dreams and visions. A study from researchers at a hospice found that these events are an important part of a patient's dying process.
Cancer mortality in solid-organ transplant recipients (SOTRs) was increased compared with the cancer death rate expected in the general population.
More than 3 months from surgery to chemotherapy and increasing delays from diagnosis to surgery in patients with breast cancer are associated with increased risk of death from the disease.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Breast Implants Associated With Increased Risk of Breast Anaplastic Large-cell Lymphoma
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|