Do monoclonal antibodies other than daratumumab cause false positives in the blood antibody screen and crossmatch obtained prior to a transfusion?
Inotuzumab ozogamicin (Besponsa), an antibody-drug conjugate comprised of a monoclonal antibody that targets CD22 linked to the cytotoxic agent calicheamicin, was granted FDA approval for the treatment of R/R B-cell precursor ALL.
If type and crossmatch is obtained before initiating treatment with daratumumab, what good would that do if a transfusion is required a month later?
Why is a type and crossmatch needed before starting patients on treatment with daratumumab (Darzalex)?
Adding a second HER2-blocker to standard care therapy after surgery for HER2-positive breast cancer may be modestly beneficial for some women.
The medications so far show little efficacy in children with cancer, but new studies may provide clues to how to change this, pediatric oncologist says.
Small study also showed that pembrolizumab does not significant impair radiation or chemotherapy dosing.
Study also provides evidence supporting an anti-tumor effect associated with a single preoperative dose of pembrolizumab.
Study of patients with resected high-risk melanoma reveals higher rates of treatment-related adverse events with 10 vs 3 mg/kg.
A significantly higher 5-year survival rate was seen in a small subset of patients with NSCLC treated with nivolumab.
Phase 2 studies have demonstrated that girentuximab possesses activity with a manageable safety profile for patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma; therefore, in a phase 3 trial, researchers evaluated its efficacy and safety as adjuvant monotherapy.
Overall survival for patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) was nearly doubled to 7.8 months from 4.0 months by treating patients with blinatumomab compared with standard of care.
The drug denosumab, which blocks a bone gene, may also prevent breast cancer caused by a BRCA1 mutation. This already approved drug could be available quickly, and would be the first drug for breast cancer prevention.
Final analysis of data from the phase 3 KEYNOTE-006 presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting confirm the superiority of pembrolizumab over ipilimumab for advanced melanoma.
At 3 years, 40% of patients with advanced melanoma treated with pembrolizumab are alive regardless of whether they had been treated with ipilimumab or not, follow-up results from the KEYNOTE-001 study reported at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Daratumumab + Bortezomib/Dexamethasone: Reduced Risk of Disease Progression Seen in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple MyelomaJune 06, 2016
Adding daratumumab to bortezomib and dexamethasone was associated with a 61% reduction in risk of disease progression in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM), according to results of the phase 3 CASTOR study presented in a plenary session at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Daratumumab Demonstrates Encouraging Efficacy in Patients With Pretreated or Refractory Multiple MyelomaJanuary 22, 2016
Heavily pretreated and refractory patients with multiple myeloma had encouraging efficacy results with daratumumab monotherapy.
Tumors shrank or disappeared and disease progression was temporarily halted in 15 children with advanced neuroblastoma enrolled in a safety study of an experimental antibody.
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Cancer: A Review of Available Interventions
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|