Methyldopa/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methyldopa, hydrochlorothiazide; 250mg/15mg, 250mg/25mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Methyldopa/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets:
Titrate individual components. Initially one 250mg/15mg tab 2–3 times daily or one 250mg/25mg tab 2 times daily.
Active hepatic disease. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy. History of methyldopa-associated liver dysfunction. Concomitant MAOIs.
History of hepatic dysfunction. Pheochromocytoma. Severe cerebrovascular or renal disease. SLE. Gout. Diabetes. Asthma. Edema. Dialysis. Postsympathectomy. Monitor blood, liver function, blood lipids, and electrolytes. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Central alpha agonist + diuretic.
MAOIs (see Contraindications). Alcohol, CNS depressants may increase orthostatic hypotension. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis and lithium. May antagonize oral hypoglycemics. Antagonized by NSAIDs, iron. May interfere with parathyroid tests.
Hemolytic anemia, fever, jaundice, hepatic necrosis, granulocytopenia, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, blurred vision, sedation, headache, asthenia, orthostatic hypotension, bradycardia, GI upset, rash, nasal congestion, hyperprolactinemia, arthralgia, positive Coomb's test.
Formerly known under the brand name Aldoril.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|