Methyldopa/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methyldopa, hydrochlorothiazide; 250mg/15mg, 250mg/25mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Methyldopa/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets:
Titrate individual components. Initially one 250mg/15mg tab 2–3 times daily or one 250mg/25mg tab 2 times daily.
Active hepatic disease. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy. History of methyldopa-associated liver dysfunction. Concomitant MAOIs.
History of hepatic dysfunction. Pheochromocytoma. Severe cerebrovascular or renal disease. SLE. Gout. Diabetes. Asthma. Edema. Dialysis. Postsympathectomy. Monitor blood, liver function, blood lipids, and electrolytes. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
MAOIs (see Contraindications). Alcohol, CNS depressants may increase orthostatic hypotension. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis and lithium. May antagonize oral hypoglycemics. Antagonized by NSAIDs, iron. May interfere with parathyroid tests.
Central alpha agonist + diuretic.
Hemolytic anemia, fever, jaundice, hepatic necrosis, granulocytopenia, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, blurred vision, sedation, headache, asthenia, orthostatic hypotension, bradycardia, GI upset, rash, nasal congestion, hyperprolactinemia, arthralgia, positive Coomb's test.
Formerly known under the brand name Aldoril.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|