Research indicates that metformin can confer improved survival for patients with colorectal cancer that also have diabetes.
Older women with diabetes and cancer taking metformin saw an increase in survival.
Diabetes patients treated with the drug less likely to develop oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal cancers.
Therapy with metformin use did not improve survival of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC), according to recent study data.
For patients with type 2 diabetes, metformin use is not associated with a significantly reduced risk of bladder cancer, according to a study.
The diabetes drug metformin is undergoing investigation as a potential treatment for different cancers in numerous clinical trials, but results vary.
Breast cancer cell growth, motility, and aggression is promoted by excess glucose, as experienced by patients with diabetes and metabolic syndrome, reports a new study.
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence Increasing Among Younger, Hispanic, African American Populations
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Primary Care Physicians Surveyed on Breast Cancer Screening Practices
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
- Cost and Complication Rates Differ Among Early Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Distress Management Tool Gets an Update, Patient Version
- PSA Screening Rates Level Off in United States
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|