The American Society of Clinical Oncology has released a nearly 100-page report detailing the year's most significant developments in cancer.
Persons with metastatic colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal stromal tumors may garner some survival benefit from regorafenib after standard treatments have failed.
Most advanced colorectal cancer patients receive chemotherapy even if they doubt the benefits.
News about pertuzumab injection (Perjeta); ondansetron (Zofran); carfilzomib (Kyprolis); Therascreen KRAS RGQ PCR Kit; Prostate Health Index (phi); and Prepopik
Gene expression profiling has demonstrated that appendiceal cancer is quite distinct from colorectal cancer and may require different treatment.
A review addresses the need to balance the effectiveness of oxaliplatin against its dose-limiting complication of neurotoxicity.
The investigational drug regorafenib conferred a statistically significant survival benefit in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer in whom no standard therapy was effective.
The FDA has revoked its approval of the breast cancer indication for Avastin (bevacizumab). The anti-angiogenic therapy remains indicated for some colorectal, lung, brain, and kidney cancers.
Adding cetuximab to the treatment regimen of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC) results in worse outcomes, a controlled trial has shown.
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- CRISPR Illustrates Progression of Normal Blood Cells to Leukemia, Precursor Diseases
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Beneficial for Improving Sexual Functioning
- Tattoo Transforms Mastectomy Scars Into Personal Art for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Specialized Cancer Centers May Improve Outcomes in Children with Leukemia
- ASTRO Issues Updated Guidelines on Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Patients With a Recurrence Score of 11 to 25 May Not Benefit from Chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|