Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
The American Society of Clinical Oncology has released a nearly 100-page report detailing the year's most significant developments in cancer.
Persons with metastatic colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal stromal tumors may garner some survival benefit from regorafenib after standard treatments have failed.
Most advanced colorectal cancer patients receive chemotherapy even if they doubt the benefits.
News about pertuzumab injection (Perjeta); ondansetron (Zofran); carfilzomib (Kyprolis); Therascreen KRAS RGQ PCR Kit; Prostate Health Index (phi); and Prepopik
Patients with metastatic colorectal cancer can use this fact sheet to learn more about personalized medicine and KRAS gene testing.
Gene expression profiling has demonstrated that appendiceal cancer is quite distinct from colorectal cancer and may require different treatment.
A review addresses the need to balance the effectiveness of oxaliplatin against its dose-limiting complication of neurotoxicity.
The investigational drug regorafenib conferred a statistically significant survival benefit in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer in whom no standard therapy was effective.
The FDA has revoked its approval of the breast cancer indication for Avastin (bevacizumab). The anti-angiogenic therapy remains indicated for some colorectal, lung, brain, and kidney cancers.
A 35-year-old woman presents with a one-day history of lower-right abdominal pain, setting the stage for chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Infection-related Complications in ALL
- Immune Checkpoint-Related Neurotoxicity May Be More Common During Combination Treatment
- New Recommendations for Secondary Prevention of Cervical Cancer
- Nonadherence to Posttreatment Imaging Follow-up Common Among Breast Cancer Survivors
- HIIT Improves Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Patients With Resectable NSCLC
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|