Checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab appears well-tolerated with antitumor activity in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
Undergoing pleurectomy and decortication for malignant pleural mesothelioma generally leads to improved quality of life after the surgery.
[Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research evaluates the addition of bevacizumab to standard chemotherapy as well as with the use of immune checkpoint inhibitors in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM).
Combination of Live Bacterium and Chemotherapy Improves Response Rate in Patient With Pleural MesotheliomaApril 25, 2016
Patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) experienced greater than 90% disease control and 59% response rate after immunotherapy with live bacterium combined with chemotherapy.
A new drug might help successfully treat mesothelioma, one of the deadliest cancers, according to results from cell culture and mouse xenograft models of the disease.
Improvements in scoring the severity of mesothelioma could be achieved by considering both tumor weight and volume.
The PD-1 inhibitor pembrolizumab, a cancer immunotherapy drug, shrank or halted growth of tumors in approximately 76% of patients with pleural mesothelioma.
An early stage trial for mesothelioma and pancreatic and ovarian cancers has explored utilizing a patient's own immune cells, genetically modified to target tumors.
Treatnent with high-dose radiotherapy after chemotherapy and surgery for malignant pleural mesothelioma does not achieve improvements in local relapse and overall survival, according to phase II trial data.
Approximately one fifth of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma have cancer cells that express a protein called programmed cell-death ligand 1 (PD-L1), which has been associated with poorer outcomes.
Scientists have identified four biomarkers that may help resolve the difficult differential diagnosis between malignant pleural mesothelioma and noncancerous pleural tissue with reactive mesothelial proliferations.
A protein engineered to combine a molecule targeting a tumor-cell-surface antigen with another protein that stimulates immune functions was found to prolong survival in animal models for ovarian cancer and mesothelioma.
Treating mesothelioma with radiation before surgery resulted in a 3-year survival rate that was more than double compared with that of treating with surgery first, according to new research.
For the first time, researchers have shown the predictive power of a group of overlooked lymph nodes that could serve as a better tool to stage and ultimately treat patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
The FDA has granted orphan drug designation to a cancer stem cell inhibitor known as VS-6063, or defactinib, for use in the treatment of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer.
A large UK study found a wide variation between cancer types in patients who had visited their general practitioner 3 or more times before cancer diagnosis.
Lung-sparing surgery combined with photodynamic therapy (PDT) improved overall survival in patients with pleural mesothelioma compared with those treated with conventional therapy and PDT.
Temsirolimus, a kinase inhibitor commonly used to treat advanced renal cell carcinoma, may increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy administered in the treatment of mesothelioma.
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Cancer: A Review of Available Interventions
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|