Older women with diabetes and cancer taking metformin saw an increase in survival.
Dose-dense adjuvant chemotherapy (every 2 weeks) offers improved survival without increasing the risk of treatment-induced early menopause compared with the standard interval (every 3 weeks) chemotherapy for premenopausal women with breast cancer.
Concurrent administration of triptorelin and chemotherapy was associated with higher long-term probability of ovarian function compared with chemotherapy alone among premenopausal women with either HR-positive or HR-negative breast cancer.
A reduction in endometrial cancer risk with oral bisphosphonate use in large cohort of postmenopausal women has been observed.
Women who survive cancer have more frequent, severe, and troubling hot flashes than women with menopausal symptoms, according to a recent study.
Greater height was linked with increased risk of all cancers and specific cancers at numerous sites,for postmenopausal women, per a recent study.
Early-stage breast cancer survivors may be able to relieve hot flashes by maintaining their weight.
Implementing an educational program for nurses designed specifically to address therapy-induced menopause in premenopausal women undergoing a blood or marrow transplant (BMT) would help improve patient outcomes, especially since few opportunities exist for in-depth conversations about this topic. That is the goal of a project presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 36th Annual Congress.
Alcohol consumption is associated with increased risk of breast cancer recurrence, especially in women who are postmenopausal or overweight, according to a study presented at the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
The GP Fact File on Postmenopausal Breast Cancer provides up-to-date information for GPs on the diagnosis and treatment of postmenopausal breast cancer.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|