Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis polysaccharides 4mcg each of Group A, C, Y, and W-135; per 0.5mL; (diphtheria toxoid conjugate); soln for IM inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for MENACTRA:
Adults and Children:
<9mos: not recommended. Give by IM inj only in deltoid region. Primary vaccination: 9–23mos: 0.5mL given as 2-dose series three months apart; 2–55yrs: 0.5mL once. Booster vaccination: 15–55yrs: may give a single (0.5mL) dose for those at continued risk, if at least 4yrs have elapsed since the prior dose.
Severe allergic reaction to any previous meningococcal capsular polysaccharide-, diphtheria toxoid- or CRM197-containing vaccine.
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. History of Guillain-Barre syndrome. Immunosuppressed. Risk of syncope. Latex allergy. Adults >55yrs old. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose steroids) may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, malaise, arthralgia, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, chills, fever, rash, irritability, drowsiness; children: also, abnormal crying.
To register pregnant patients or to report adverse events call (800) 822-2463. Refer to www.cdc.gov for ACIP guidelines on vaccinating acutely ill patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|