Melanoma News & Features
Clinical trials show pembrolizumab active against mucosal melanoma, extends survival in bladder cancer.
Using statistical models, predictions were made for death rates from melanoma in 3 three countries and based on availability of a treatment.
Researchers compared the ability of an artificial-intelligence algorithm to recognize and classify skin cancers with the clinical evaluations of dermatologists.
Induction therapy with intravenous interferon α-2b appeared to be no better than observation alone for the management of patients with intermediate-risk melanoma.
Results of a series of Internet surveys revealed customers' perceptions of harms, benefits, and limitations of genetic information received from direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
Comparison studied the effectiveness of sun protection offered by a beach umbrella alone with that of sunscreen with a high sun protection factor.
Melanoma incidence varies by region, and many states have experienced an increase.
A review of data from three large, prospective studies examined a potential association between alcoholic beverage consumption and risk of melanoma.
Despite the effectiveness of dabrafenib in combination with trametinib for metastatic BRAF-mutant melanoma, many patients experience disease progression that often leads to death. In this data analysis, researcher sought to identify clinical factors associated with long-term response and survival.
Atlhough survival for patients with advanced melanoma is similar with both targeted therapies and immunotherapies, a review of the literature reveals why one of them may be a better choice as first-line therapy.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- National Health Care Spending Expected to Grow Five Percent Annually
- Patients With Urologic Cancer Need Psycho-oncologic Support to Manage High Stress
- 1 Year of Adjuvant Trastuzumab Improves Long-Term DFS in Early Breast Cancer
- Lenalidomide Maintenance Appears Efficacious for Relapsed DLBCL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|