Melanoma News & Features
Melanoma in some adolescent and adult patients involve many of the same genetic mutations and would likely respond to the same treatment.
Melanoma screening strategies may be more feasible by focusing on high-risk populations.
A drug used to treat Lou Gehrig's disease has also been found to improve the effectiveness of radiation therapy when administered to laboratory models with melanoma that metastasized to the brain.
Researchers have uncovered how melanoma becomes resistant to a promising new drug combination utilizing BRAF+MEK inhibitors after an initial period of tumor shrinkage.
A recent, groundbreaking new study found that children of melanoma survivors are not adhering to sun protection recommendations.
- New mechanism of acquired resistance to breast cancer drugs discovered
- Two major studies strengthen case for prostate cancer drug before chemotherapy
- Finding a qualified acupuncture practitioner
- Crucial role of breast cancer tumor suppressor revealed
- Study may support active surveillance for favorable intermediate-risk prostate cancer
- Sun damage predisposes pediatric patients to melanoma
- Risk of reproductive cancers increased in daughters of women who smoked during pregnancy
- Older white males with advanced bladder cancer more likely to commit suicide
- HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer has cure potential
- Certain factors influence whether cancer patients involve family members in treatment decisions
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|