Melanoma News & Features
Pevonedistat was effective for inhibiting proliferation of melanoma cell lines in vitro, research indicates.
Patients with localized melanoma see their supportive care needs peak at their initial cancer diagnosis and if they experience disease recurrence.
Response rates with PD-1 inhibitors in patients with acral and mucosal melanomas were similar to previously reported rates in patients with cutaneous melanoma.
Variants of the MC1R gene, associated with red hair, pale skin, and freckles, increases the number of genetic mutations related to skin cancer and the level of other gene mutations, further increasing the risk for skin cancer.
Cobimetinib in combination with vemurafenib as a standard first-line approach improves survival in patients with BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma, updated results of the coBRIM study.
New report doesn't change Task Force's prior statement on skin cancer screening issued in 2009
Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin Surgeries
Training primary care providers (PCP) to detect early melanoma led to increased melanoma diagnoses, but had little impact on skin surgeries or dermatology visits.
The Melanoma MAICare Framework: A Microsimulation Model for the Assessment of Individualized Cancer Care
[Cancer Informatics] In this research, a microsimulation model framework is used to examine the impact of simultaneously altering curative treatment approaches in different phases of melanoma treatment.
Patients receiving PD-1 or PD-L1 antibodies exhibited papular and nodular eruptions with scale, as well as mucosal lesions with lichenoid features, that were typically manageable with topical steroid treatment.
De novo melanomas, which arise from clinically normal skin with no associated nevus, may be more aggressive than nevus-associated melanomas.
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- High Symptom Burden With Polycythemia Vera Linked to QoL Impairment
- Bioimpedence Spectroscopy Improves Early Detection of Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema in At-Risk Patients
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- MRD Negativity Associated With Prolonged Survival in Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- ASCO, ASTRO Issue Guideline Update for Postmastectomy RT
- Study Assesses Efficacy of Ramucirumab in HCC by Child-Pugh Score
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Patient Navigation Reduces Delays in Diagnostic Resolution
- Fee-for-service Medicare Plans Linked to Improved Care During Last Year of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|