Melanoma News & Features
PEG-IFN did not improve improve outcomes for patients with melanoma compared with IFN. Furthermore, patients receiving PEG-IFN were more likely to discontinue treatment due to toxicity.
Disease-Free Status Is Achieved by Combining Immunotherapy Treatments in Patient With Metastatic Melanoma
A patient with refractory metastatic melanoma was successfully treated with a novel combination of 2 different types of immunotherapy.
Cutaneous melanoma is rare on feet, but often advanced at point of diagnosis.
Pembrolizumab provides benefit over ipilimumab in patients with advanced melanoma, regardless of tumor PD-L1 expression status or number of prior therapies, a study presented at the 2016 ASCO Annual Meeting has shown.
A newly discovered synthesized drug reduced the viability of melanoma cells without affecting normal cells in cell culture and mouse xenograft models of the disease. The drug, HA15, is a type of thiazole benzenesulfonamide.
Final analysis of data from the phase 3 KEYNOTE-006 presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting confirm the superiority of pembrolizumab over ipilimumab for advanced melanoma.
At 3 years, 40% of patients with advanced melanoma treated with pembrolizumab are alive regardless of whether they had been treated with ipilimumab or not, follow-up results from the KEYNOTE-001 study reported at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
The longest overall survival follow-up among randomized phase 3 trials evaluating BRAF and MEK inhibitors in patients with BRAF-mutant metastatic melanoma to date has shown the best 3-year outcome with dabrafenib plus trametinib to be in patients with normal LDH and fewer than 3 disease sites, according to a presentation at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Binimetinib may represent a new effective therapy for patients with NRAS-mutant melanoma, both before and after immunotherapy. That is the conclusion of the phase 3 NEMO study, results of which were presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Four in 10 patients with newly diagnosed and previously treated advanced melanoma were alive 3 years after initiating pembrolizumab.
- Overall Survival and Progression-Free Survival Are Improved With Ibrutinib for del17p CLL
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Markers Found on Solid Tumors Are a Target for CAR T Cell Therapy
- Surgery Improves Quality of Life for Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Lung Cancer Signature Detected Via Breath Test Improves Early Diagnosis
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Smoking Increases Risk of Adverse Events With Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Recently Identified Biomarkers Found to Warn of Chronic Graft-vs-Host Disease in Marrow Transplant Patients
- Scalding Beverages Might Lead to Esophageal Cancer
- Assessment and Monitoring of Patients Receiving Chemotherapy for Multiple Myeloma: Strategies to Improve Outcomes
- PET/CT Hybrid Imaging Technique Provides Accurate Guide for Prostate Cancer Biopsy
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|