Melanoma News & Features
By introducing a particular strain of bacteria into the digestive tracts of mice with melanoma, researchers were able to boost the ability of the animal's immune systems to attack tumor cells. The gains were comparable to treatment with checkpoint inhibitors.
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research examines the use of pembrolizumab for the management of advanced melanoma.
Metastasizing cells undergo metabolic changes, increasing their ability to withstand oxidative stress.
Talimogene laherparapvec (Imlygic) is the first FDA-approved oncolytic virus therapy.
Patients with melanoma who undergo surgical resection of abdominal metastases live more than twice as long as those treated with drug therapy alone, according to novel research presented at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress 2015.
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Yoga May Reduce Side Effects in Patients Receiving Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- Protein Biomarker Assays for Diagnosing Thyroid Cancer May Show Inaccurate Readings
- Cancer Prehabilitation and Rehabilitation: What Will It Take for These Services to Catch On?
- New Model for Breast Cancer Risk in Hispanic Women Is the First to be Based Exclusively on Data From Hispanic Women
- Blood Sample New Way of Detecting Cancer
- Liquid Biopsy of Cerebrospinal Fluid More Effective in Managing Brain Tumors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|