Melanoma News & Features
By introducing a particular strain of bacteria into the digestive tracts of mice with melanoma, researchers were able to boost the ability of the animal's immune systems to attack tumor cells. The gains were comparable to treatment with checkpoint inhibitors.
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research examines the use of pembrolizumab for the management of advanced melanoma.
Metastasizing cells undergo metabolic changes, increasing their ability to withstand oxidative stress.
Talimogene laherparapvec (Imlygic) is the first FDA-approved oncolytic virus therapy.
Patients with melanoma who undergo surgical resection of abdominal metastases live more than twice as long as those treated with drug therapy alone, according to novel research presented at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress 2015.
- Risk of Some Cancers Modestly Increased in Persons Who Had Herpes Zoster
- Targeted Treatment Produces Rapid Shrinkage of Recurrent BRAF-mutant Brain Tumor
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Navigation Program Tackles Cancer Care on Two Fronts
- Blood Test Identifies Mutations Behind Drug Resistance in Patients Taking Antiandrogen for Prostate Cancer
- Biologic Age Need Not be a Limiting Factor for Stem Cell Transplants in Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Suicides Significantly Higher Among Patients With Head and Neck Cancers
- No Racial Disparities in ODX Testing for Node-Negative Breast Cancer
- Weight Loss Counseling Effective in Breast Cancer Survivors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|