Melanoma News & Features
Patients with localized melanoma see their supportive care needs peak at their initial cancer diagnosis and if they experience disease recurrence.
Response rates with PD-1 inhibitors in patients with acral and mucosal melanomas were similar to previously reported rates in patients with cutaneous melanoma.
Variants of the MC1R gene, associated with red hair, pale skin, and freckles, increases the number of genetic mutations related to skin cancer and the level of other gene mutations, further increasing the risk for skin cancer.
Cobimetinib in combination with vemurafenib as a standard first-line approach improves survival in patients with BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma, updated results of the coBRIM study.
New report doesn't change Task Force's prior statement on skin cancer screening issued in 2009
Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin Surgeries
Training primary care providers (PCP) to detect early melanoma led to increased melanoma diagnoses, but had little impact on skin surgeries or dermatology visits.
The Melanoma MAICare Framework: A Microsimulation Model for the Assessment of Individualized Cancer Care
[Cancer Informatics] In this research, a microsimulation model framework is used to examine the impact of simultaneously altering curative treatment approaches in different phases of melanoma treatment.
Patients receiving PD-1 or PD-L1 antibodies exhibited papular and nodular eruptions with scale, as well as mucosal lesions with lichenoid features, that were typically manageable with topical steroid treatment.
De novo melanomas, which arise from clinically normal skin with no associated nevus, may be more aggressive than nevus-associated melanomas.
In addition to improving overall survival compared with dacarbazine in patients with advanced melanoma, nivolumab maintains baseline levels of health-related quality of life to ultimately confer long-term quality of survival benefit.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Poor Oral Health Associated With OPSCC Regardless of HPV Status
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Prevalence of Financial Conflicts of Interest Among Guideline Authors Is Significant
- Perceived Barriers Associated With Adherence to Aromatase Inhibitors
- ACA Is Helping Americans Afford Prescriptions
- Rolapitant Improves QoL in Patients Receiving HEC or MEC
- Genomic Sequencing Data May Widen Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|