Melanoma News & Features
A newly developed, evidence-based psychoeducational intervention effectively reduced fear of cancer recurrence and stress in patients at high risk for developing another melanoma.
Treatment with pembrolizumab better maintained health-related quality of life compared with chemotherapy in patients with advanced melanoma refractory to ipilimumab.
Pevonedistat was effective for inhibiting proliferation of melanoma cell lines in vitro, research indicates.
Patients with localized melanoma see their supportive care needs peak at their initial cancer diagnosis and if they experience disease recurrence.
Response rates with PD-1 inhibitors in patients with acral and mucosal melanomas were similar to previously reported rates in patients with cutaneous melanoma.
Variants of the MC1R gene, associated with red hair, pale skin, and freckles, increases the number of genetic mutations related to skin cancer and the level of other gene mutations, further increasing the risk for skin cancer.
Cobimetinib in combination with vemurafenib as a standard first-line approach improves survival in patients with BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma, updated results of the coBRIM study.
New report doesn't change Task Force's prior statement on skin cancer screening issued in 2009
Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin Surgeries
Training primary care providers (PCP) to detect early melanoma led to increased melanoma diagnoses, but had little impact on skin surgeries or dermatology visits.
The Melanoma MAICare Framework: A Microsimulation Model for the Assessment of Individualized Cancer Care
[Cancer Informatics] In this research, a microsimulation model framework is used to examine the impact of simultaneously altering curative treatment approaches in different phases of melanoma treatment.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- High U.S. Economic Burden for Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|