The growth of medulloblastoma was inhibited by a new drug in research conducted in cell cultures and mice. This study targeted a particularly aggressive form of the disease driven by the oncogene MYC.
Phase 2 trial data showed acceptable toxicity and similar survival as conventional radiotherapy for childhood medulloblastoma.
Researchers have discovered that determining a tumor's medulloblastoma subgroup can be achieved noninvasively, using magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS).
Ion channel blockers, drugs commonly used to treat cardiac, neurologic, and psychiatric disorders, might prove useful in cancer therapy, according to new research.
Targeted therapy for skin cancer is effective in patients with sonic hedgehog (SHH) subtype of medulloblastomaAugust 26, 2015
A targeted therapy already used to treat advanced skin cancer has also been found to be effective when used to treat the most common subtype of adult medulloblastoma.
New research suggests that an antidepressant medication, repurposed, could target a novel molecular pathway that causes an aggressive form of medulloblastoma.
The quest to improve survival of children with a high-risk brain tumor has led investigators to two drugs already used to treat adults with breast, pancreatic, lung, and other cancers.
A specific epigenetic modification may be fundamentally different between primary human medulloblastomas and GEMMs of medulloblastoma, according to a new study.
When measures are implemented to ensure that radiation protocols are followed, deviations decrease and overall survival improves in patients with cancer.
For children who undergo brain radiation therapy, permanent neurocognitive adverse effects are a significant risk. These risks arise because the radiation often encounters healthy tissue, which reduces the formation of new cells, particularly in the hippocampus.
Induction chemotherapy plus conformal radiation therapy improves event-free survival.
The regulatory protein FoxM1 is essential for the continued growth of medulloblastoma and is significantly and negatively correlated with survival, making it a useful prognostic marker.
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|