The growth of medulloblastoma was inhibited by a new drug in research conducted in cell cultures and mice. This study targeted a particularly aggressive form of the disease driven by the oncogene MYC.
Phase 2 trial data showed acceptable toxicity and similar survival as conventional radiotherapy for childhood medulloblastoma.
Researchers have discovered that determining a tumor's medulloblastoma subgroup can be achieved noninvasively, using magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS).
Ion channel blockers, drugs commonly used to treat cardiac, neurologic, and psychiatric disorders, might prove useful in cancer therapy, according to new research.
Targeted therapy for skin cancer is effective in patients with sonic hedgehog (SHH) subtype of medulloblastomaAugust 26, 2015
A targeted therapy already used to treat advanced skin cancer has also been found to be effective when used to treat the most common subtype of adult medulloblastoma.
New research suggests that an antidepressant medication, repurposed, could target a novel molecular pathway that causes an aggressive form of medulloblastoma.
The quest to improve survival of children with a high-risk brain tumor has led investigators to two drugs already used to treat adults with breast, pancreatic, lung, and other cancers.
A specific epigenetic modification may be fundamentally different between primary human medulloblastomas and GEMMs of medulloblastoma, according to a new study.
When measures are implemented to ensure that radiation protocols are followed, deviations decrease and overall survival improves in patients with cancer.
For children who undergo brain radiation therapy, permanent neurocognitive adverse effects are a significant risk. These risks arise because the radiation often encounters healthy tissue, which reduces the formation of new cells, particularly in the hippocampus.
Induction chemotherapy plus conformal radiation therapy improves event-free survival.
The regulatory protein FoxM1 is essential for the continued growth of medulloblastoma and is significantly and negatively correlated with survival, making it a useful prognostic marker.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|