Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin 3.5mg, polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units/mL, dexamethasone 0.1%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for MAXITROL:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
Severe: Initially 1–2 drops hourly. Mild: initially 1–2 drops up to 4–6 times daily. Ointment may be used adjunctively with drops at bedtime. Then prolong dosing interval as condition improves; max 20mL or 8g per therapeutic course.
<2yrs: not established.
Fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections of the cornea and conjunctiva. Hypersensitivity to corticosteroids.
Not for injection. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. Aminoglycoside cross-sensitivity; discontinue if hypersensitivity develops. May mask signs of acute purulent or parasitic infection. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Allergic sensitization, increased intraocular pressure, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage, visual defects, delayed wound healing, bleb formation, allergic dermatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|