Lung Cancer News & Features
E-cigarettes used with nicotine-based liquid have the same potential to produce cancer-causing DNA damage as unfiltered regular cigarettes.
Doses May Be Adjusted for Treating NSCLC Patients
Phase 3 clinical trial results show fewer adverse effects and longer survival with alectinib compared with crizotinib in patients with treatment-naïve ALK-positive NSCLC.
Twice daily radiation therapy with chemotherapy may improve survival times in patients with some advanced head and neck cancers, a new study confirms.
The design of cigarette filters with ventilation is associated with rising adenocarcinoma rates, research indicates.
A combination treatment of mitogen-activated protein kinase MEK inhibitor and chemotherapy did not improve progression-free survival in patients with advanced lung cancer caused by a KRAS gene mutation.
Seasonal influenza vaccination was associated with increased rates of immunologic toxicity in patients with lung cancer receiving PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy blockade.
A significantly higher 5-year survival rate was seen in a small subset of patients with NSCLC treated with nivolumab.
Checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab appears well-tolerated with antitumor activity in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
Risk for cardiac events linked to RT for locally advanced NSCLC, especially in patients with a history of cardiac disease or receiving higher RT doses.
Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Radiotherapy is Essential in Treating Brain Tumors But Associated With Significant Adverse Events
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|