Lung Cancer News & Features
A subset of tumor-associated neutrophils (TANs) has hybrid characteristics of both neutrophils and antigen-presenting cells in samples from early stage human lung cancers.
A Web application called Moovcare that guides follow-up improved survival for patients with advanced lung cancer after receiving initial therapy.
For nonsolid nodules identified by CT screening for lung cancer, annual screening with low-dose CT can eliminate the need for biopsy or surgery.
Lung cancers that manifest as nonsolid nodules seem to have indolent course, according to recent research data.
Undergoing pleurectomy and decortication for malignant pleural mesothelioma generally leads to improved quality of life after the surgery.
Breath analysis offers an option for both primary screening and postsurgery monitoring of patients with lung cancer. Exhaled breath has certain carbonyl VOCs that indicate the presence of lung cancer in a process researchers hope will receive FDA approval.
Results from phase II trial on the use of FDG-PET to evaluate the efficacy of an immunotherapy drug in the treatment of NSCLC.
Fourteen percent to 25% of patients with lung cancer also have autoimmune disease. This comorbidity could make them unsuitable candidates for immunotherapy.
Adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with stage Ib non-small cell lung cancer improved overall survival and 5-year overall survival.
In patients with completely resected stage IB NSCLC, adjuvant chemotherapy is associated with improved survival regardless of tumor size.
Lung Cancer Videos
Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|