Lung Cancer News & Features
Atezolizumab (Tecentriq) is approved by the FDA for the treatment of metastatic NSCLC in specific cases or tumors with EGFR or ALK gene mutations.
The addition of pembrolizumab to carboplatin and pemetrexed improves overall response rate compared with chemotherapy alone and has a manageable safety profile in patients with newly diagnosed advanced nonsquamous NSCLC.
Treatment with the kinase inhibitor lenvatinib demonstrated promising activity in patients with RET-positive NSCLC.
Changes in depression symptoms over time are associated with differences in survival among patients with lung cancer, especially those with early stage disease.
Patient understanding of lung cancer screening increased after participation in focus groups.
IMRT was associated with lower rates of severe pneumonitis and cardiac doses compared with 3D-CRT in patients with locally advanced NSCLC.
An analysis of population trends in England demonstrated that use of electronic cigarettes improves the rate of successful quit attempts, but results in less use of prescription nicotine-replacement therapy products.
Adding WBRT to dexamethasone and best supportive care provides little additional benefit for patients with NSCLC and brain metastases who are ineligible to undergo resection or stereotactic radiotherapy.
The addition of vandetanib to a platinum agent and etoposide did not improve time to progression or overall survival in patients with newly diagnosed extensive-stage SCLC.
Hypoxia-activated prodrugs prevented treatment resistance in a mathematical model of EGFR mutation-driven non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Lung Cancer Videos
Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
- The Bounty of Failure: A Well-Versed Nursing Experience
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|