Lung Cancer News & Features
Undergoing pleurectomy and decortication for malignant pleural mesothelioma generally leads to improved quality of life after the surgery.
Breath analysis offers an option for both primary screening and postsurgery monitoring of patients with lung cancer. Exhaled breath has certain carbonyl VOCs that indicate the presence of lung cancer in a process researchers hope will receive FDA approval.
Results from phase II trial on the use of FDG-PET to evaluate the efficacy of an immunotherapy drug in the treatment of NSCLC.
Fourteen percent to 25% of patients with lung cancer also have autoimmune disease. This comorbidity could make them unsuitable candidates for immunotherapy.
Adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with stage Ib non-small cell lung cancer improved overall survival and 5-year overall survival.
In patients with completely resected stage IB NSCLC, adjuvant chemotherapy is associated with improved survival regardless of tumor size.
Cigarette smoking is more common among survivors of AYA cancer than those without cancer, and smoking is associated with greater comorbidities and poorer general health.
Biochemical Marker Is a Better Predictor of Adverse Effects in Patients with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
Albumin concentration with an established cutoff point is proven a better predictor of both chemotherapy toxicity and survival in patients with advanced lung cancer.
Most family physicians report discussing low-dose CT imaging with patients at high risk for lung cancer, but referrals for screening remain low, a study published in the journal Cancer has shown.
A decreasing number of adolescents are smoking, but e-cigarette use and rates of distracted driving are on the rise for this group.
Lung Cancer Videos
Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
- Overall Survival and Progression-Free Survival Are Improved With Ibrutinib for del17p CLL
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Preoperative Breast MRI Affected by Patient Positioning
- Topical Skin Creams Are Effective in Treatment of Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Scalding Beverages Might Lead to Esophageal Cancer
- Assessment and Monitoring of Patients Receiving Chemotherapy for Multiple Myeloma: Strategies to Improve Outcomes
- PET/CT Hybrid Imaging Technique Provides Accurate Guide for Prostate Cancer Biopsy
- Extent of Resection Influences Length of Progression-Free Survival in Glioblastoma
- Surgery Improves Survival in Metastatic Kidney Cancer, But Is Little Used
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|