Lung Cancer News & Features
Researchers conducted a systematic literature search to identify studies investigating the effectiveness of preoperative exercise on outcomes among oncology patients undergoing surgery.
Efficacy and Safety of COX-2 Inhibitors for Advanced Non-small-cell Lung Cancer With Chemotherapy: A Meta-analysis
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This meta-analysis assesses the efficacy and safety profile of COX-2 inhibitors in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
In a review of data from the NLST, researchers sought to determine if a risk-targeting approach would more efficiently select high-risk persons for lung cancer screening than the eligibility criteria defined by the NLST.
Platinum-based chemotherapy agents for lung cancer may increase the risk for thromboembolism.
Qualitative risk statements of malignancy for indeterminate pulmonary nodules are imprecise, highly variable, and should be replaced by a standard scale.
Initial screens were least effective and least efficient for veterans with lowest lung cancer risk, according to this study.
Researchers found that nearly one third of veterans reported current use of a tobacco product, with cigarettes being most frequently used.
Abstinence-contingent incentives improved smoking cessation outcomes among economically disadvantaged smokers with mental illness.
Abstinent smokers may have reduced preoperative pain tolerance and increased postoperative opioid use compared with nonsmokers.
Using data from the TUS-CPS, researchers sought to determine the effect of pharmaceutical smoking cessation aids on long-term quit rates among patients who smoke tobacco.
Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|