LOPRESSOR HCT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metoprolol tartrate, hydrochlorothiazide 50mg/25mg, 100mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LOPRESSOR HCT:
Titrate individual components.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sick-sinus syndrome. Severe peripheral circulatory disorders. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
CHF. Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Metoprolol potentiated by felodipine. Increased toxicity of calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Antagonized by NSAIDs, barbiturates, rifampin. Amphotericin B, ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. Adjust antidiabetic medication. May antagonize epinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid, glaucoma screening tests.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Fatigue, bronchospasm, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, bradycardia, depression, dyspnea, GI upset, blurred vision, tinnitus, earache, impotence, myalgia, cold extremities, CHF, heart block.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|