Generic Name and Formulations:
Phentermine HCl 8mg; scored tabs.
KVK Tech, Inc.
Indications for LOMAIRA:
A short-term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mass index ≥30kg/m2, or ≥27kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors (eg, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia).
>16yrs: Individualize. Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 1 tab 3 times daily at approx. 30mins before meals. Avoid late PM dose.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary artery disease, stroke, arrhythmias, CHF, uncontrolled hypertension). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitated states. History of drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH), valvular heart disease. Discontinue if new, unexplained dyspnea, angina, syncope, or lower extremity edema develops. Discontinue if tolerance to the anorectant effect develops. Mild hypertension. Diabetes. Renal impairment: monitor. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Elderly.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis possible with MAOIs. Concomitant other weight loss drugs, OTC preps, herbals, including SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine): not recommended. Caution with alcohol. Insulin or oral hypoglycemics: requirements may be altered. May decrease hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuron blockers.
Cardiovascular (eg, PPH, regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, palpitation, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, ischemic events, CNS (eg, overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, psychosis), dry mouth, unpleasant taste, GI upset, constipation, urticaria, impotence, changes in libido.
Tabs—30, 60, 90, 250, 500, 1000
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|