Generic Name and Formulations:
Phentermine HCl 8mg; scored tabs.
KVK Tech, Inc.
Indications for LOMAIRA:
A short-term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mass index ≥30kg/m2, or ≥27kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors (eg, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia).
>16yrs: Individualize. Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 1 tab 3 times daily at approx. 30mins before meals. Avoid late PM dose.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary artery disease, stroke, arrhythmias, CHF, uncontrolled hypertension). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitated states. History of drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH), valvular heart disease. Discontinue if new, unexplained dyspnea, angina, syncope, or lower extremity edema develops. Discontinue if tolerance to the anorectant effect develops. Mild hypertension. Diabetes. Renal impairment: monitor. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Elderly.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis possible with MAOIs. Concomitant other weight loss drugs, OTC preps, herbals, including SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine): not recommended. Caution with alcohol. Insulin or oral hypoglycemics: requirements may be altered. May decrease hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuron blockers.
Cardiovascular (eg, PPH, regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, palpitation, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, ischemic events, CNS (eg, overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, psychosis), dry mouth, unpleasant taste, GI upset, constipation, urticaria, impotence, changes in libido.
Tabs—30, 60, 90, 250, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|