Liver Cancer News & Features
In patients with advanced HCC and a baseline αFP level of 400 ng/mL or more, a survival benefit with second-line ramucirumab therapy was observed for those with Child-Pugh scores of 5 and 6.
The multikinase inhibitor regorafenib significantly improved overall survival rates compared to placebo in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, according to data from the phase 3 RESORCE trial.
Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Axitinib Versus Sorafenib in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
[Oncotargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the comparative efficacy and safety of axitinib and sorafenib for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Including an antiemetic in the preprocedure medications for patients with liver cancer undergoing drug eluting bead chemoembolization (DEB TACE) can shorten hospital stays and reduce the chance for readmission due to complications.
In patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), adding doxorubicin to sorafenib did not improve overall survival or progression-free survival and resulted in higher toxicity compared to sorafenib alone, results from a phase 3 study presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting have shown.
Liver Cancer Videos
Liver Cancer Clinical Trials
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- High Symptom Burden With Polycythemia Vera Linked to QoL Impairment
- Bioimpedence Spectroscopy Improves Early Detection of Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema in At-Risk Patients
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Ruxolitinib: A Targeted Treatment Option for Patients with Polycythemia Vera
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- ASCO, ASTRO Issue Guideline Update for Postmastectomy RT
- Study Assesses Efficacy of Ramucirumab in HCC by Child-Pugh Score
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Patient Navigation Reduces Delays in Diagnostic Resolution
- Fee-for-service Medicare Plans Linked to Improved Care During Last Year of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|