Liver Cancer News & Features
Oncology nurses are in an ideal position to educate patients with gastrointestinal malignancies and PVT about risk factors, clinical presentation, complications, and treatment options to prevent further extension of the clot.
An interdisciplinary collaboration between prominent academic and industry investigators discovered a novel method for repositioning an FDA-approved anticancer compound so it can specifically target liver cancer tumors.
RNA test of blood platelets can detect, classify, and pinpoint the location of cancer by analyzing a sample equivalent to 1 drop of blood. Using this new method, researchers were able to identify cancer with 96% accuracy.
Patients undergoing oncologic liver surgeries who participated in an enhanced recovery program returned sooner to their normal life function and to adjuvant cancer therapies than patients who were treated with a traditional approach to perioperative care.
Results of a meta-analysis shows reduction in rate of infection and shorter length of hospital stay with receipt of prebiotics and probiotics before surgery.
Liver Cancer Videos
Liver Cancer Clinical Trials
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- No Clinical Benefit to Expanding Gene Panel Beyond Ovarian and Breast Cancer Genes in High-risk Women
- A Protein Could Predict the Response to Immunotherapy in Metastatic Melanoma
- Clinical Results Matches Development Locale With Subtype of Disease in Glioblastoma
- Atezolizumab Approved for Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- New Research Questions Recommendations Regarding PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer Screening
- Genetic Biomarker Predictive of Peripheral Neuropathy in Patients Receiving Docetaxel for Prostate Cancer
- Specific Lifestyle Factors Can Significantly Affect Cancer Mortality
- Biomarker Indicates Which Patients With Colorectal Cancer Will Respond to Cetuximab
- Herbal Remedies May Be an Overlooked Global Health Hazard
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|