Liver Cancer News & Features
The multikinase inhibitor regorafenib significantly improved overall survival rates compared to placebo in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, according to data from the phase 3 RESORCE trial.
Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Axitinib Versus Sorafenib in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
[Oncotargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the comparative efficacy and safety of axitinib and sorafenib for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Including an antiemetic in the preprocedure medications for patients with liver cancer undergoing drug eluting bead chemoembolization (DEB TACE) can shorten hospital stays and reduce the chance for readmission due to complications.
In patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), adding doxorubicin to sorafenib did not improve overall survival or progression-free survival and resulted in higher toxicity compared to sorafenib alone, results from a phase 3 study presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting have shown.
A study of nearly 1000 patients with HCC found that black patients with the disease had a 33% greater risk of death compared with non-Hispanic whites.
Liver Cancer Videos
Liver Cancer Clinical Trials
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Can Protect Against Cancer
- Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
- HPV Vaccination Program Reduces Cervical Cell Anomalies in Young Women
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Hypermutated Hotspots Are Biomarkers Predictive of Better Outcomes in Breast Cancer
- Helical APBI Delivers Targeted Dose of Adjuvant Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Cancer Risk Higher in Patients With Heart Failure After a First Heart Attack
- Routine Pap Smears Improve Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Older Than 65 Years
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|