Lindane Lotion Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Lindane Lotion:
Treatment of scabies in patients who have failed on, or are intolerant of, other therapies. Not for prophylactic use.
Adults and Children:
Treat once only. Use least amount to cover body. <110lbs: not recommended. ≥110lbs: average size adult: 30mL; larger adult: max 60mL. Apply sparingly to dry skin; leave on for 8–12 hours then wash off thoroughly.
Uncontrolled seizure disorders. Premature infants. Norwegian (crusted) scabies, other skin conditions (eg, eczema, psoriasis, broken skin) that may increase absorption.
Potential CNS toxicity if absorbed. Children, infants, elderly, patients <110lbs: increased neurotoxicity risk. Seizure risk (eg, history of head trauma, prior seizures, CNS tumor, HIV infection, hepatic cirrhosis, abrupt alcohol/sedative withdrawal). Itching may occur or worsen after successful treatment; do not retreat. Avoid eyes. Do not swallow or misuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Systemic absorption and toxicity may be increased by oils, creams, ointments. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, antipsychotics, antidepressants, quinolones, theophylline, cyclosporine).
Irritation, post-treatment pruritus, CNS stimulation (eg, dizziness, convulsions).
Formerly known under the brand names Gamene, Kwell, Scabene.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|