Leuprolide acetate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 5mg/mL; soln for SC inj; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Leuprolide acetate :
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
1mg SC daily. Rotate inj site.
Women. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Metastatic vertebral lesions. Urinary obstruction. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA, acid phosphatase. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Risk of QT prolongation: long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities, or CHF, and concomitant Class IA or III antiarrhythmics. Instruct patient on correct self administration.
Concomitant Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval.
Hot flashes/sweats, inj site reaction, initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, urinary tract obstruction, hematuria), edema, GI upset, pain, cardiovascular events, CNS and antiandrogenic effects, asthenia, spinal cord compression; hyperglycemia, anaphylactoid, photosensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|