Andrographolide Potentiates the Antitumor Effect of Topotecan in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells Through an Intrinsic Apoptotic PathwayJune 15, 2018
[Cancer Management and Research] In this study, researchers explored the potential of andrographolide and topotecan, separately and together, in the in vitro treatment of the U937 acute myeloid leukemic cell line.
In a prospective, longitudinal study, researchers investigated the potential for quality of life, fatigue, and physical functioning to return to previous levels in patients with AML after treatment.
FDA approval was based on results of the single-arm phase 2 JULIET clinical trial.
An assessment of more than 71,000 patients with leukemia demonstrated the difference in outcomes for patients admitted to hospital on the weekend vs weekday. Findings were presented at the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Children's Oncology Group study reported on the effect of dexrazoxane on cardiotoxicity of anthracycline-containing regimens in pediatric patients with AML at the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Duvelisib, a first-in-class dual inhibitor of PI3K-delta and -gamma, was evaluated in patients with relapsed/refractory CLL/SLL and in patients with refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Teaming up with multiple specialists to create an algorithm for managing AML in older patients improved clinician knowledge as well as provided patient-centered care, a presentation at 2018 ONS Annual Congress has shown.
Results of a prospective, longitudinal study presented at 2018 ONS Congress demonstrate improvement from baseline to discharge patients with acute leukemia who receive induction chemotherapy in hospital.
Accelerated approval was granted by the FDA based on the results of a single-arm trial.
A presentation at 2018 ONS Congress described the success of a class focused on preparing patients and their families to management their care after discharge.
A group of Australian researchers report study findings that demonstrate a significant improvement in PFS in patients with relapsed/refractory CLL treated with venetoclax plus rituximab compared with the standard care.
Researchers compared survival outcomes of thiotepa-based intensified RIC vs standard RIC among patients undergoing cord-blood transplantation (CBT).
Bax, Bcl-2, and Bax/Bcl-2 as Prognostic Markers in Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Are We Ready for Bcl-2-Directed Therapy?April 13, 2018
[Cancer Management and Research] This report presents an assessment of the relationship of Bax/Bcl-2 expression and the clinical response of patients with AML treated with cytarabine plus daunorubicin, and their potential as biomarkers to predict chemotherapeutic outcomes.
The ALLIVE trial sought to determine if eLPI levels were predictive of iron-related toxicity and mortality after HCT in patients with AML or MDS.
Although many TKIs have well-documented cardiotoxic effects, results of a single-center prospective study that assessed effects of 1 year of therapy with imatinib or nilotinib in patients with CML demonstrated safety and efficacy of the 2 agents in this population.
This study examined the risk of secondary cancers among patients with CML who were treated with TKIs.
The US FDA approved expanding the indications for the agent to include pediatric and adult patients with B-cell precursor ALL who have minimal residual disease during or after treatment.
Venetoclax plus rituximab increases progression-free survival in relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMarch 31, 2018
1. Patients with relapsed or remitting chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) treated with venetoclax-rituximab had a greater 2-year progression-free survival rate compared to bendamustine-rituximab treated patients. 2. Progression-free survival rates were greater for venetoclax-rituximab patients in almost all subgroup analysis, including patients with chromosome 17p deletion. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: Curative treatment of relapsed 
In a study from the Cleveland Clinic, researchers investigated the association between well-differentiated thyroid cancer and risk for AML or CML in those patients treated with radioactive iodine.
Inotuzumab ozogamicin (InO) use may have quality of life benefits for patients with R/R B-cell ALL, as well as producing improved clinical outcomes.
Based on results of 2 prospective studies, the FDA approved the use of nilotinib in pediatric patients older than 1 year with newly diagnosed Ph+ CML-CP and those with TKI-intolerant or resistant disease.
Some patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase maintained TFR after receiving nilotinib, according to data from the ENESTfreedom study.
Researchers used mouse cells to determine activation levels of FcγRIIIa and FcγRI using obinutuzumab, rituximab and ofatumumab.
Results of the ENESTop study demonstrate the potential for patients with CML who had deep molecular response to achieve long-term treatment-free remission (TFR) after second-line nilotinib, increasing the focus of TFR as a therapeutic outcome.
What are key monitoring guidelines for patients with CLL being treated with venetoclax?
Results of a triple-blind study demonstrate effectiveness of zinc sulfate in preventing chemotherapy-induced mucositis or reducing its incidence and severity in patients with leukemia receiving chemotherapy.
1. Phase 2, open-label study results suggest that treatment-free remission (TFR) of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) for ≥48 weeks can be reached by over half of patients who have reached deep molecular response (DMR) after ceasing second-line nilotinib treatment. 2. The authors suggest that for patients who do not reach sustained DMR with imatinib, changing 
A previous single-site trial showed that patients with R/R B-cell ALL treated with tisagenlecleucel achieved high complete remission rates. In this study, investigators report on results after the scope of the study was expanded.
1. Patients with a higher disease burden of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treated with CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy experienced greater incidences of cytotoxic release syndrome and neurotoxicity compared to low disease burden patients. 2. Patients with high disease burden had shorter overall survival times compared to low disease burden patients. Evidence 
A retrospective chart study demonstrated the effectiveness of fosfomycin as an antibacterial prophylaxis for febrile neutropenia in patients with hematologic cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|