Leukemia News and Features
Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
A high percentage of patients with CML treated with TKIs achieve deep molecular responses and can safely stop therapy. Initials results of the EURO-SKI trial define prognostic markers that indicate durability of deep molecular responses after stopping TKI therapy.
Mogamulizumab induced an encouraging response rate in patients with relapsed/refractory adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma.
Telomere length is predictive for determining which children treated for AML are at highest risk for delayed recovery, a finding that may have significant implications for treatment-related morbidity and mortality.
In a large cohort of hematologic oncologists surveyed in the United States, standard end-of-life quality measures were highly acceptable, but unrealistic patient expectations are the greatest impediment to quality end-of-life care.
In the era of tyrosine kinase inhibitors and allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation, the life expectancy of patients with CML is approaching that of the general population.
Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|