Leukemia News and Features
[Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research provides a summary of the pathobiology of polycythemia vera, and examines challenges associated with traditional PV treatment options and the clinical data for ruxolitinib.
Inhibition of the protein Ezh2 causes chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) stem cells to die. Adding drugs that target this protein to imatinib (Gleevec) or other BCR-ABL blockers could result in a cure for this disease.
High platelet counts and hemoglobin/hematocrit levels may be associated with hearing loss in patients with polycythemia vera.
Patients with polycythemia vera enrolled in the REVEAL trial have high symptom burden resulting in substantial physical and emotional quality of life impairment and notable work productivity loss.
Among patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms, men with primary myelofibrosis diagnosed after 2006 are at the highest risk of developing secondary acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Leukemia Clinical Trials
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- High Symptom Burden With Polycythemia Vera Linked to QoL Impairment
- Bioimpedence Spectroscopy Improves Early Detection of Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema in At-Risk Patients
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- MRD Negativity Associated With Prolonged Survival in Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- ASCO, ASTRO Issue Guideline Update for Postmastectomy RT
- Study Assesses Efficacy of Ramucirumab in HCC by Child-Pugh Score
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Patient Navigation Reduces Delays in Diagnostic Resolution
- Fee-for-service Medicare Plans Linked to Improved Care During Last Year of Life
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|