Leukemia & Lymphoma
Results of a phase I clinical trial showed that a new drug targeting mitochondrial function in human cancer cells was safe and showed some efficacy in a heavily pretreated cohort of patients.
Changes in how follicular lymphoma is managed have led to substantial improvement in prognosis and over all survival for patients with the disease.
The EUROCARE study, the largest population-based study of survival in European blood cancer patients to date, analyzed data from 30 cancer registries, involving all patients with cancer diagnoses in 20 European countries.
An experimental immunotherapy agent was placed on the US Food and Drug Administration's fast track to market approval after overwhelmingly positive results were seen in patients with leukemia. In early trials, 89% of patients who received the personalized immunotherapy known as CTL019 saw their cancers disappear.
Scientists have discovered that a gene previously linked to leukaemia could provide an urgently needed target for the development of drugs to treat patients with 'triple negative' breast cancer.
Researchers in Melbourne, Australia, have shown that switching off a gene called Pax5 could cause a type of leukemia, and restoring its function could cure the disease.
Children in remission from acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) must take 6-mercaptopurine (6MP) for 2 years to prevent disease reemergence; however, a study shows that an estimated 25% of children in remission are not taking this essential maintenance medication at least 90% of the time, tripling their relapse risk.
For patients with AIDS-related lymphomas, identification of CNS involvement at diagnosis does not affect overall survivalJune 10, 2014
Patients with AIDS-related lymphomas may face an increased risk of CNSi compared to other lymphomas. Researchers report that CNSi - identified at the time of an ARL diagnosis - does not appear to have an impact on overall survival. The vast majority of patients have stage IV disease at the time of presentation.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|