Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.5mg, ethinyl estradiol 35micrograms (7 tabs); norethindrone 1mg, ethinyl estradiol 35micrograms (9 tabs); norethindrone 0.5mg, ethinyl estradiol 35micrograms (5 tabs); inert (7 tabs).
Mayne Pharma US
Indications for LEENA:
1 tab daily for 28 days; repeat.
Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. Cerebral vascular or coronary artery disease. Breast or other estrogen-dependent neoplasms. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice with prior OC use. Hepatic adenoma or carcinoma. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Smokers over 35 years of age: not recommended. Uncontrolled hypertension. Hypertriglyceridemia. Discontinue if jaundice, visual disturbances, migraine or other severe headaches occur. Do regular complete physical exams. May need barrier contraception with Sunday starts or postpartum use (see literature). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme inducing drugs (eg, rifampin, griseofulvin, St. John's wort), possibly others. May affect measurement of sex hormone-binding globulin levels.
Progestin + estrogen.
Hypertension, nausea, vomiting, breakthrough bleeding, amenorrhea, transient delay of ovulation after discontinuation, edema, chloasma, mastodynia, headache, intolerance to contact lenses. Increased risk of gallbladder disease, thromboembolic disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|