A new approach in which patients receive a single dose of chemotherapy may greatly improve the laryngeal cancer survival rate.
Bioselection-individualized Treatment Modality Selection Improves Advanced Laryngeal Cancer SurvivalFebruary 13, 2017
Multivariate analysis indicates that disease-specific survival of individuals with advanced laryngeal cancer was improved for those receiving neoadjuvant therapy.
Almost two-thirds of patients with T4a larynx ("voice box") cancer are not receiving a total laryngectomy, despite published guidelines.
A single academic center performing a high rate of surgical therapy, including total laryngectomy, to treat advanced-stage laryngeal cancer had a higher 5-year survival rate than national levels in a small study.
Patients with advanced laryngeal cancer appear to have better survival if they are treated with surgery than with nonsurgical chemoradiation.
A small but significant advantage in disease-specific, overall survival, is seen for patients with advanced laryngeal cancer, even after adjustment.
Patients with tongue cancer who started their treatment with a course of chemotherapy fared significantly worse than patients who received surgery first, according to a new study.
A history of periodontitis may be associated with an increased risk of HPV-positive tumors in persons with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
Identifying symptom patterns can predict variations over time in oropharyngeal and laryngeal cancersMay 09, 2012
Visual graphical analysis can help predict the way individual patients will experience side effects of treatment over time by identifying patterns.
Palliative treatments, death outside of the hospital, and involvement by a palliative care team all improve the end-of-life experience for persons with head and neck cancer.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Patients With Urologic Cancer Need Psycho-oncologic Support to Manage High Stress
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Ceritinib for First-line Treatment of ALK+ NSCLC
- Overall Health Worse in African American Men Undergoing Active Surveillance For Prostate Cancer
- Clinical Benefit of Simtuzumab Inconsistent for Myelofibrosis
- Follow-up Rates in Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer Higher in University-Based vs Safety-Net Hospitals
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|