LAMISIL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Terbinafine HCl 250mg.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for LAMISIL TABLETS:
Onychomycosis of the toenail or fingernail due to tinea unguium.
250mg once daily for 6 weeks (fingernail) or 12 weeks (toenail).
Chronic or active liver disease.
Onychomycosis: confirm diagnosis with nail specimen. Pre-existing hepatic disease or renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): not recommended. Perform LFTs prior to and periodically during treatment. Discontinue if hepatic injury, progressive skin rash (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, DRESS), taste/smell disturbances, severe neutropenia (neutrophils ≤1000 cells/mm3), thrombotic microangiopathy occurs, or if lupus erythematosus is suspected. Monitor CBCs if immunodeficient. Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cimetidine. Antagonized by rifampin. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, beta-blockers). May be potentiated by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, ketoconazole, amiodarone). Potentiates caffeine. Antagonizes cyclosporine.
Headache, diarrhea, rash, dyspepsia, liver enzyme abnormalities, pruritus, taste disturbances, nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, urticaria; also children: nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, upper respiratory infection; rare: hepatotoxicity, depressive symptoms, smell disturbances.
Tabs—30, 100; Packets—14, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|