Anterior Pituitary, Prolactin Deficiency
At a Glance
Prolactin deficiency is extremely rare and is typically encountered only after the anterior pituitary gland is destroyed by infarction. The inability to lactate after delivery of an infant is the only known presentation of prolactin deficiency.
What Tests Should I Request to Confirm My Clinical Dx? In addition, what follow-up tests might be useful?
Testing for prolactin deficiency is not clinically useful, because the primary function of prolactin is its role in lactogenesis and there is no treatment for women who cannot lactate due to pituitary hypofunction. There are also no standardized methods of evaluating prolactin reserve.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Distinct Patterns of Shiny White Streaks Strong Indicator of Melanoma
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- When There Are No Words: Interpreting Patients' and Families' Subtle Messages
- Depression Predictive of Poor Survival Outcomes in Head and Neck Cancer
- Nearly One Third of Veterans Report Current Tobacco Use
- Priority Review of New Drug Application Granted to Apalutamide for CRPC
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|