Labetalol HCl Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Labetalol HCl 5mg/mL; soln for IV inj and infusion after dilution; contains parabens.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Labetalol HCl Injection:
Individualize. Maintain supine position; monitor BP. Repeated IV inj: 20mg over 2 minutes, may give additional 40mg or 80mg at 10 minute intervals up to max total dose of 300mg or until desired supine BP. Slow continuous infusion: 2mg/min (see literature).
Bronchial asthma. Overt cardiac failure. 2nd- or 3rd- degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Severe bradycardia. Other conditions associated with severe and prolonged hypotension. History of obstructive airway disease (eg, asthma).
Ischemic heart disease or failure. Monitor hepatic function: discontinue at first sign of liver injury. If signs of cardiac failure, treat with digitalis or diuretic, discontinue if failure continues. COPD. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with verapamil. Potentiates hypotension with nitroglycerin. May blunt effects of epinephrine, β-agonist bronchodilators. Avoid alkaline drugs (eg, furosemide) administration in same infusion line. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Potentiated by cimetidine and halothane. Tremor with tricyclic antidepressants. May cause false positive urine test for amphetamine.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker/alpha-1 blocker.
Symptomatic postural hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, increased BUN and serum creatinine, paresthesias, sweating, somnolence, flushing, ventricular arrhythmia, vertigo, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand names Normodyne, Trandate.
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- A Case of Immunotherapy-Induced Myocarditis Concomitant to MG in Lung Cancer
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|