L-Cysteine HCl Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-Cysteine HCl 50mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; contains aluminum, sulfur; preservative-free.
Indications for L-Cysteine HCl Injection:
An additive to crystalline amino acid injections to meet essential nutritional requirements for infants given TPNs.
See literature. Rotate inj site. Give by central venous infusion. Add 0.5g L-Cysteine with 12.5g crystalline amino acid injection; dilute as indicated.
Hepatic coma. Metabolic disorders (eg, impaired nitrogen utilization).
Hepatic, renal, pulmonary, or cardiac insufficiency. Hyperkalemia. Metabolic or respiratory alkalosis. Monitor hepatic and renal function; discontinue if BUN levels exceed normal postprandial limits and continue to rise. Monitor blood (eg, CBC, ammonia, glucose, electrolytes, cholesterol, acid-base balance, serum proteins, osmolarity), urine osmolarity and glucose during therapy. Premature neonates. Pregnancy.
Concomitant tetracycline reduces nitrogen sparing effects.
Local reactions (eg, warm sensation, erythema, phlebitis, thrombosis), flushing, fever, nausea.
Single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|