1. Amongst patients with advanced renal-cell carcinoma and an intermediate or poor prognosis, nivolumab plus ipilimumab was superior to sunitinib alone in improving overall survival. 2. Though not statistically compared, there was a lower incidence of grade three or four adverse events with nivolumab plus ipilimumab, although more patients in the combination therapy arm stopped 
An evaluation of patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma revealed greater risk of death for female patients with high relative visceral fat area (rVFA), highlighting the significance of metabolic differences between men and women.
The employment of radical nephrectomy, vs partial nephrectomy, was found to cause a 2-fold greater decline in eGFR decline and greatly increased mortality.
Nonrandomized trial demonstrates tolerability and antitumor activity of a PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor plus a VEGF-TKI in patients with treatment-naïve advanced RCC.
Phase 3 study sought to assess the associations between adjuvant therapy with VEGF-tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) and benefit, sex, and age in patients with resected renal cell cancer.
Researchers evaluated the effect of antibiotics on treatment delays, interruptions, and dose reductions in patients with mRCC treated with a first-line VEGF-TKI and presented their results at the 2018 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium.
Combination therapy with lenvatinib and pembrolizumab is granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation for the treatment of advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
Although TKIs improve outcomes, they are still associated with toxicities common with cancer therapies, such as fatigue.
Practical Management of Adverse Events Associated With Cabozantinib Treatment in Patients With Renal-cell CarcinomaNovember 24, 2017
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research reviews the management of the more common adverse events associated with cabozantinib treatment for patients with patients with advanced clear-cell renal-cell carcinoma.
Although use of medical co-management and rehabilitation services increasing for older patients with kidney cancer, consultation remains sparse for those undergoing surgery.
Results of a phase 2 clinical trial of savolitinib, a highly selective small molecule inhibitor of c-Met, found the agent was active and tolerable in patients with Met-driven advanced or metastatic papillary renal cell carcinoma (PRCC).
Complete surgical metastasectomy correlated with increased survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) compared with incomplete surgical metastasectomy.
Patients with metastatic kidney cancer may also have an primary lung cancer that has gone gone undiagnosed.
Studies presented in the last year demonstrated a revolutionary role for immune checkpoint inhibitors in the treatment of urothelial carcinoma.
Patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) who discontinued anti-PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy early may still achieve durable responses.
Patients with advanced kidney cancer received broad-spectrum antibiotics less than a month before initiating immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
Alternating treatment with pazopanib and everolimus failed to prolong progression-free survival compared with continuous pazopanib.
Phase 2 studies have demonstrated that girentuximab possesses activity with a manageable safety profile for patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma; therefore, in a phase 3 trial, researchers evaluated its efficacy and safety as adjuvant monotherapy.
Smoking-attributable cancer mortality estimates have not been established by state; therefore, in this study, the proportion of cancer deaths among persons 35 years and older related to cigarette smoking in 2014 was calculated for each state and DC.
Clinical Use of Cabozantinib in the Treatment of Advanced Kidney Cancer: Efficacy, Safety, and Patient SelectionOctober 13, 2016
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research We reviews the development of cabozantinib in advanced renal cell carcinoma and its role in the treatment landscape.
A new class of drugs, that interferes with processes that fuel cell growth, is more effective and better tolerated that the standard-of-care drug for clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
Presence of certain microRNAs (miRNAs) is predictive of response to TKIs and prognosis for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC).
Adding a second autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) to standard therapy improves outcomes for pediatric patients with high-risk neuroblastoma.
Surgery to remove a cancerous kidney can often lengthen the lives of patients receiving targeted therapy for metastatic kidney cancer, but only approximately 3 in 10 such patients undergo the procedure.
A potential cancer therapy with a unique strategy to block the mTOR molecule has been designed. This new mTOR-inhibiting compound reduced the size of tumors resistant to earlier-generation mTOR inhibitors.
Several genetic differences uncovered in an analysis of data from The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) are biologically plausible contributing factors for the worse survival of African American patients with clear cell renal carcinoma, even in the era of targeted therapy.
Adjuvant treatment with sorafenib or sunitinib demonstrated no survival benefit in patients with resected local renal cell carcinoma at high risk for disease recurrence.
Tumor Heterogeneity as a Rationale for a Multi-epitope Approach in an Autologous Renal Cell Cancer Tumor VaccineMarch 04, 2016
In this study, researchers sought to characterize a panel of 36 tumor-associated antigens and cellular marker proteins from tumor material of 133 patients with renal cell carcinoma who underwent radical neprhectomy.
Findings of the randomized, phase 3 METEOR trial demonstrate progression-free survival in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma is improved with cabozantinib compared with everolimus.
Improvements to progression-free survival (PFS) seen across patient subgroups treated with cabozantinib.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|