Most Recent Articles by Kathy Boltz, PhD
A very large retrospective study of patients with stage II colon cancer found adjuvant therapy improves survival, regardless of treatment regimen, patient age, or high-risk pathologic risk features.
A subset of tumor-associated neutrophils (TANs) has hybrid characteristics of both neutrophils and antigen-presenting cells in samples from early stage human lung cancers.
Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUsJul 28, 2016
Oncologic patients are among the main users of ICUs and are vulnerable to infections and adverse drug reactions. However, relatively simple processes of organization can reduce the risk of these problems.
Circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) has shorter fragment sizes than DNA fragments from healthy cells that have died, and this may increase the clinical utility of liquid biopsies.
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells may have improved therapeutic potential when they have 2 targets, according to preclinical findings using a mouse model.
More Articles by Kathy Boltz, PhD
Advanced Cancer Patients Often Unaware That They Are More Optimistic About Their Prognosis Than Their OncologistsJul 27,2016
Advanced Endoscopy Techniques May Be Safe Alternative to Surgery for Most Difficult-to-Remove or Large PolypsJul 26,2016
Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin SurgeriesJul 21,2016
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Therapy Can Be Safely Stopped in Select Patients With CML in Chronic Phase
- Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Adjuvant Therapy Improves Survival in Stage II Colon Cancer, Study Confirms
- Hybrid Immune Cells Have Antitumor Effects in Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Fertility Risk Assessment and Preservation in Male and Female Prepubertal and Adolescent Cancer Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|