Most Recent Articles by Kathy Boltz, PhD
Patients with head and neck cancer have more than 3 times the incidence of suicide compared with the general population, with rates highest among patients with cancers of the larynx and hypopharynx.
Researchers identified propentofylline as a drug that could help treat patients with the deadly brain cancer glioblastoma multiforme.
Genetic mutations in the REST gene have been shown to cause Wilms tumor, a rare kidney cancer that occurs in children. The findings identified mutations in the REST gene in 16 children with Wilms tumor.
Personalized Antinausea Regimens More Effective in Cancer Patients Receiving Emetogenic ChemotherapyNov 23, 2015
A personalized approach to treating nausea and vomiting, the most expected side effects of chemotherapy, is far more effective than the existing one-size-fits-all guidelines.
Scientists developed a highly sensitive blood test that indicates when breast cancers become resistant to standard hormone treatment. In addition, the test results can be used to guide further treatment.
More Articles by Kathy Boltz, PhD
International Experts Call for Investigations Into Long-Term Management Options for Select Patients With Advanced Breast CancerNov 19,2015
Patients With Advanced Breast Cancer Address an International Conference About Misleading Disease-Specific MessagesNov 19,2015
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- Many Patients With HR+ Disease Receive Initial Palliative Chemotherapy, Despite Worse Outcomes
- Risk of Some Cancers Modestly Increased in Persons Who Had Herpes Zoster
- Different Types of Ovarian Cancer Have Different Causes
- Targeted Treatment Produces Rapid Shrinkage of Recurrent BRAF-mutant Brain Tumor
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Navigation Program Tackles Cancer Care on Two Fronts
- Suicides Significantly Higher Among Patients With Head and Neck Cancers
- No Racial Disparities in ODX Testing for Node-Negative Breast Cancer
- Weight Loss Counseling Effective in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Associated With Anastrozole for Prevention of Breast Cancer
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|