Generic Name and Formulations:
Sitagliptin (as phosphate) 25mg, 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for JANUVIA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Not studied in patients with history of pancreatitis.
100mg once daily. Renal insufficiency: CrCl ≥30–50mL/min: 50mg once daily; CrCl<30mL/min or on dialysis: 25mg once daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Assess renal function before starting therapy and periodically thereafter. Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, severe joint pain, or bullous pemphigoid; discontinue if suspected or occurs. History of angioedema to other DPP-4 inhibitors. Severe hepatic insufficiency. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia. Monitor digoxin.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis, headache; pancreatitis, heart failure, hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome), severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
Tabs 25mg, 50mg—30, 90, 100; 100mg—30, 90, 100, 1000
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|