Issues In Cancer Survivorship
Expectations of Chemotherapy Side Effects Influence Patients' Experiences During Breast Cancer TreatmentOctober 11, 2016
Recent studies indicate that adverse side effects can result from factors unrelated to the pharmacologic agent, but rather from other factors.
Lifestyle and dietary measures for preventing colorectal cancer are extensively studied; however, in this study, researchers looked at a dietary measure that improved survival for patients after diagnosis.
Cancer research relies of patients with cancer to participate in clinical trials. However, many patients cite various fears and misconceptions — some supported by physicians - as reasons for why they decline to participate in clinical trials.
A recent study confirms the benefits of marriage on patients with cancer, including socioeconomic status, psychosocial support, and a higher regard for health-related self care.
The Samfund is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to easing the lasting financial effects of cancer treatments for young adults with the disease.
As the American College of Surgeons' Commision on Cancer milestones approach, ASTRO publishes a template to ensure consistent, comprehensive survivorship care plans can be developed for cancer survivors whose treatment involved radiotherapy.
This technique, which does not use pharmaceutical sedatives, can ease the perioperative discomfort and anxiety experienced by some patients undergoing fully awake craniotomy to remove glioma.
After experiencing the benefits of meditation to help himself cope with the stress of caring for patients with cancer, this oncologist leads classes teaching those patients to use the tool to better cope with their disease and its effects.
Tumor Location and Duration of Therapy Influence Palliative Effects of Radiation Therapy for Painful Bone MetastasesDecember 31, 2015
In a review of the Dutch Bone Metastasis Study results, stratified for primary tumor location, palliative radiation therapy was found to reduce pain and improve quality of life for some patients.
A leading cancer institute developed an online course that teaches oncology nurses about cancer survivors' fertility options and prospects for adoption.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Olanzapine Efficacious for Treatment of Breakthrough CINV
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Atypical Teratoid/rhabdoid Tumors: Challenges and Search for Solutions
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|