Issues In Cancer Survivorship
A nurse develops a tablet app that helps intubated patients communicate with their nurses, caregivers, and families.
Expectations of Chemotherapy Side Effects Influence Patients' Experiences During Breast Cancer TreatmentOctober 11, 2016
Recent studies indicate that adverse side effects can result from factors unrelated to the pharmacologic agent, but rather from other factors.
Lifestyle and dietary measures for preventing colorectal cancer are extensively studied; however, in this study, researchers looked at a dietary measure that improved survival for patients after diagnosis.
Cancer research relies of patients with cancer to participate in clinical trials. However, many patients cite various fears and misconceptions — some supported by physicians - as reasons for why they decline to participate in clinical trials.
A recent study confirms the benefits of marriage on patients with cancer, including socioeconomic status, psychosocial support, and a higher regard for health-related self care.
The Samfund is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to easing the lasting financial effects of cancer treatments for young adults with the disease.
As the American College of Surgeons' Commision on Cancer milestones approach, ASTRO publishes a template to ensure consistent, comprehensive survivorship care plans can be developed for cancer survivors whose treatment involved radiotherapy.
This technique, which does not use pharmaceutical sedatives, can ease the perioperative discomfort and anxiety experienced by some patients undergoing fully awake craniotomy to remove glioma.
After experiencing the benefits of meditation to help himself cope with the stress of caring for patients with cancer, this oncologist leads classes teaching those patients to use the tool to better cope with their disease and its effects.
Tumor Location and Duration of Therapy Influence Palliative Effects of Radiation Therapy for Painful Bone MetastasesDecember 31, 2015
In a review of the Dutch Bone Metastasis Study results, stratified for primary tumor location, palliative radiation therapy was found to reduce pain and improve quality of life for some patients.
A leading cancer institute developed an online course that teaches oncology nurses about cancer survivors' fertility options and prospects for adoption.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- LIVESTRONG Exercise Program Improves QoL in Cancer Survivors
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Profile of Tivantinib and its Potential in the Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: the evidence to date
- RANKL Inhibition May Represent Promising Breast Cancer Prevention Strategy
- Bi-allelic Inactivation Common in BRCA1 and BRCA Breast Cancers
- In HER2+ Breast Cancer, Higher TIL Levels Associated With Improved OS
- High Immune Gene Expression Linked to Better Prognosis in TNBC
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|