Issues in Cancer Survivorship
Tumor Location and Duration of Therapy Influence Palliative Effects of Radiation Therapy for Painful Bone Metastases
In a review of the Dutch Bone Metastasis Study results, stratified for primary tumor location, palliative radiation therapy was found to reduce pain and improve quality of life for some patients.
Researchers hope to prove the positive effects of the use of therapy dogs in pediatric oncology.
A leading cancer institute developed an online course that teaches oncology nurses about cancer survivors' fertility options and prospects for adoption.
New study strengthens the case that some adolescents and young adults with cancer may struggle in later adulthood with brain and emotional function.
Cultural differences in the Latino community result in unique stressors for these patients after a cancer diagnosis. This study identified some of those stressors.
For patients with radiation-induced xerostomia, ALTENS may reduce symptom burden with less side effects than current standard treatment.
Oncology nurses can learn to identify cases of intimate partner violence (IPV).
Sensor technology is used to illustrate the amount of pressure applied in breast palpation, helping clinicians refine their clinical skills for locating a breast mass.
Bruce W. Hollis, PhD, discusses the findings from his study on the benefits of increasing vitamin D intake in patients with prostate cancer undergoing active surveillance.
A prospective study found that patients with human papillomavirus-related disease had better treatment response than HPV-negative patients.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test (Fact Sheet)
- Novel Procedure Improves Staging of Lymph Nodes in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Better Approaches to Patient Counseling of BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers Needed
- Dasatinib, Nilotinib, Ponatinib Increase Vascular Occlusive Events
- Nanoparticle Drug Delivery Aims to Control Pancreatic Tumor and Inhibit Escape Pathways
- Understanding Drug Naming Nomenclature
- Low-income Breast Cancer Survivors Benefit From Personalized Survivorship Care Plans
- Nurse Navigators Key to Seamless Transition From Pediatric to Adult Survivorship Care
- Inconclusive: The Pulmonary Nodules You Need to Follow
- Common Painkiller Has Anticancer Effects
- ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma with prominent bone involvement in a 13-year-old boy
- Inferior Outcomes for African Americans With Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma
- First-line Afatinib Benefits Lung Cancer Patients With Brain Metastases
- Basic Research Data Pivotal for First FDA Approval of Immunotherapy for Pediatric Cancer
- Risk of Breast Cancer or Thyroid Cancer Higher Following a Diagnosis of the Other Cancer Type
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|