October 2010 Issue of ONA
October 2010 issue
In the News
Oncology nurses are concerned about the growing number of invasive fungal infections among their cancer patients, according to a recent report.
Chemoradiotherapy improves survival in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer compared to treatment with radiotherapy alone.
Zoledronic acid is more effect than clodronate at treating patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma and improves survival.
The author introduces The Annie Appleseed Project and previews its upcoming annual meeting.
An individualized plan of care that kept the patient's dementia in mind helped to produce an excellent outcome for this elderly patient.
Radiologists have increased their use of computer-aided detection (CAD) in screening and diagnostic mammography, according to a study published in the Journal of the American ...
The forum answers questions about the effects of pectin and administering chemotherapy with no blood return.
Disease-specific advance care planning: Conversations emphasize patient preferences and provide clarity
When planning for end-of-life care, disease-specific advance care planning delivers greater patient satisfaction and clarity about preferences.
Prognosis is not good, but many patients still seek treatment, equating prolonged neurologic function with better quality of life.
The ability to recognize the symptoms and manage the consequences are critical to personal and professional health.
Issues in Cancer Survivorship
Accessing information, staying in touch, finding helpful resources: Social media for cancer survivors
Social media is not just about Facebook anymore. Now, it's also about surviving cancer.
Zoledronic acid is a third-generation bisphosphonate prescribed to reduce pain from bony metastases, treat hypercalcemia of malignancy, and manage osteolytic lesions in multiple myeloma.
Radiation and Your Patient
WBI hypofractionation is as effective as conventional radiation therapy regimens for some patients with early-stage breast cancer.
In a case like Susie's, nurses wonder if there was a way to change not the outcome, but the way she died.
From Cancer Care
Collaboration between the patient and health care provider about a posttreatment care plan can improve the patient's quality of life.
Ask a Pharmacist
This month's questions: Giving Neulasta on the day of chemotherapy and strategies for managing opioid induced constipation.
The Total Patient
Harvard's Atul Gawande writes on the issue of palliative care versus technological intervention during the end-of-life experience.
Past and present come together when, after 20 years, the wfie of a former patient contacts the author with a special request.
- Baseline PSA Levels in Midlife Could Predict Risk of Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- Up to One-Quarter of Patients With Lung Cancer Ineligible for Immunotherapy
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Vitamin D and Androgen Receptor-Targeted Therapy Are Effective in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Focal Laser Ablation Feasible and Safe for Treatment of Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer Signature Detected Via Breath Test Improves Early Diagnosis
- Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate Bridges Patients With Relapsed ALL to Stem Cell Transplant
- Topical Skin Creams Are Effective in Treatment of Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|