December 2012 Issue of ONA
In the News
The ONS Leadership Competencies provides a means for self-assessment and a foundation for future leadership education.
A new Survivorship Toolkit offers patients posttreatment self-care plans, wallet-sized information cards, and a calendar for keeping track of appointments.
These guidelines are the first clinical practice guidelines issued by ASCO since 2006.
Investigators reported that levels of support within relationships were important risk factors for breast cancer mortality.
Paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension, 90-minute infusion of rituximab, omacetaxine mepesuccinate receive FDA approval
A primer on what nurses need to know when scheduling items and services for patients participating in clinical trials.
Diligent patient education that addresses adherence and persistence issues can optimize outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Issues in Cancer Survivorship
This third-generation cancer patient chose to fight his cancer with education and advocacy for cancer awareness.
Radiation and Your Patient
Proposed reductions in radiotherapy prompted a joint reaction from ASTRO and other cancer care organizations.
We care for patients by helping fix what is bothering them. But is denial really a problem that needs fixing?
From Cancer Care
Family events and celebrations can create additional stressors for caregivers. Nurses should take time to remind caregivers about their own needs.
Ask a Pharmacist
Methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol) and hydrocortisone (Solu-Cortef) are used to treat infusion reactions to chemotherapy and other anticancer treatments. Some clinicians seem to favor one over the ...
Folic acid can interfere with certain chemotherapy drugs. Is there an acceptable level of folic acid or should it be avoided completely?
The Total Patient
A family keeps their matriarch's legacy alive through an organization that tends to the spirit of survival.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Risk prediction improved by new classification in chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Treatment options for HER2-positive breast cancer
- Antimicrobial agent triclosan, used in soaps and detergents, may cause cancer
- The Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO) and co-researchers issue a report card on complementary therapies for breast cancer
- Disparities in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treatment based on race, treatment center
- A New Era is Coming up in the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Early palliative care can cut hospital readmissions for cancer patients
- ONA Interview: Breaking the barriers to effective palliative care
- Fluorescent tattoos may improve self-esteem in patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer
- Cancer prehabilitation: One step toward improved outcomes
- Radiation exposure linked to aggressive thyroid cancers
- More patients opt for mastectomy despite limited, early-stage breast cancer
- Calcium channel blockers not found to increase risk of breast cancer
- Being overweight or obese may hide true nutritional status of patients with cancer
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|