December 2012 Issue of ONA
In the News
The ONS Leadership Competencies provides a means for self-assessment and a foundation for future leadership education.
A new Survivorship Toolkit offers patients posttreatment self-care plans, wallet-sized information cards, and a calendar for keeping track of appointments.
These guidelines are the first clinical practice guidelines issued by ASCO since 2006.
Investigators reported that levels of support within relationships were important risk factors for breast cancer mortality.
Paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension, 90-minute infusion of rituximab, omacetaxine mepesuccinate receive FDA approval
A primer on what nurses need to know when scheduling items and services for patients participating in clinical trials.
Diligent patient education that addresses adherence and persistence issues can optimize outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Issues in Cancer Survivorship
This third-generation cancer patient chose to fight his cancer with education and advocacy for cancer awareness.
Radiation and Your Patient
Proposed reductions in radiotherapy prompted a joint reaction from ASTRO and other cancer care organizations.
We care for patients by helping fix what is bothering them. But is denial really a problem that needs fixing?
From Cancer Care
Family events and celebrations can create additional stressors for caregivers. Nurses should take time to remind caregivers about their own needs.
Ask a Pharmacist
Methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol) and hydrocortisone (Solu-Cortef) are used to treat infusion reactions to chemotherapy and other anticancer treatments. Some clinicians seem to favor one over the ...
Folic acid can interfere with certain chemotherapy drugs. Is there an acceptable level of folic acid or should it be avoided completely?
The Total Patient
A family keeps their matriarch's legacy alive through an organization that tends to the spirit of survival.
- Low-income Breast Cancer Survivors Benefit From Personalized Survivorship Care Plans
- Understanding Drug Naming Nomenclature
- Nurse Navigators Key to Seamless Transition From Pediatric to Adult Survivorship Care
- Common Painkiller Has Anticancer Effects
- Palliative Care is Cost Effective for Cancer Patients, and Increases With Comorbidities
- Cola Consumption May Increase Erlotinib Absorption in Patients Taking PPIs
- Nab-paclitaxel Increases Complete Response Rate in Invasive Breast Cancer
- Understanding Participation Factors Related to Web- and Phone-based Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Satisfaction With Navigators Associated With Satisfaction With Cancer-related Care
- Earlier and More Frequent Tanning Bed Use by Women Associated With Melanoma Incidence and Age at Diagnosis
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|