December 2012 Issue of ONA
In the News
The ONS Leadership Competencies provides a means for self-assessment and a foundation for future leadership education.
A new Survivorship Toolkit offers patients posttreatment self-care plans, wallet-sized information cards, and a calendar for keeping track of appointments.
These guidelines are the first clinical practice guidelines issued by ASCO since 2006.
Investigators reported that levels of support within relationships were important risk factors for breast cancer mortality.
Paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension, 90-minute infusion of rituximab, omacetaxine mepesuccinate receive FDA approval
A primer on what nurses need to know when scheduling items and services for patients participating in clinical trials.
Diligent patient education that addresses adherence and persistence issues can optimize outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Issues in Cancer Survivorship
This third-generation cancer patient chose to fight his cancer with education and advocacy for cancer awareness.
Radiation and Your Patient
Proposed reductions in radiotherapy prompted a joint reaction from ASTRO and other cancer care organizations.
We care for patients by helping fix what is bothering them. But is denial really a problem that needs fixing?
From Cancer Care
Family events and celebrations can create additional stressors for caregivers. Nurses should take time to remind caregivers about their own needs.
Ask a Pharmacist
Methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol) and hydrocortisone (Solu-Cortef) are used to treat infusion reactions to chemotherapy and other anticancer treatments. Some clinicians seem to favor one over the ...
Folic acid can interfere with certain chemotherapy drugs. Is there an acceptable level of folic acid or should it be avoided completely?
The Total Patient
A family keeps their matriarch's legacy alive through an organization that tends to the spirit of survival.
- Gay, Bisexual Men Report Higher Rates of Skin Cancer Than Heterosexual Men
- Clinical Trial Demonstrates Superior Results With Immunotherapy vs Chemotherapy for Lung Cancer
- Half-Match Donors May be the Perfect Match In Transplantation for Blood Cancers
- Initial Safety Report Finds Acceptable Safety With Ibrutinib for Asymptomatic, High-Risk CLL
- Older Patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma Benefit from Treatment with Brentuximab Vedotin
- Tumor Grade (Fact Sheet)
- Harms of Cigarette Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting (Fact Sheet)
- Two-Drug Combination Shows Promise Against One Type of Pancreatic Cancer
- Clinical Trial Shows Vaccine Clears Some Precancerous Cervical Lesions
- Nutrition counseling recommended to reduce malnutrition in oncology patients
- Investigational Therapy Efficiently Depletes Immune System-Suppressing Treg Cells
- Handling closed system device-incompatible chemotherapy agents
- Detecting Cancer While It Is Still Small Impacts Survival
- Antioxidants May Be Harmful in Patients With Melanoma
- Gene Therapy Doubles Survival in Recurrent Glioblastoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|