August 2010 Issue of ONA
The author previews the upcoming annual conference of the Society for Integrative Oncology.
For Your Patient
September is national Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in the US. Events will be held nationwide to spread awareness and hope.
The following resource provides patients with helpful information on key factors to consider when selecting a treatment for cancer.
To improve communication between you and your health care provider, use this list of questions as a starting point for conversation.
There are many ways to prepare--and factors to consider--before deciding to enroll in a clinical trial.
The follow resources provide detailed information about treatment for recurrent ovarian cancer.
Researchers have found that a combination therapy may help treat patients with advanced breast cancer.
The results of a new study indicate that patients with metastatic melanoma experience improved survival with ipilimumab.
Targeted agents may improve outcomes for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
Studies presented at the 2010 annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology reported new developments about chemotherapeutic agents.
The advisor forum answers questions about peripheral neuropathy, specialty pharmacies, fatigue following breast cancer treatment, and more.
Oncology nurses can do much to effectively use epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors, a mainstay of lung cancer treatment.
What, how much, and when patients eat, as well as dietary supplement use, impact the efficacy of cancer therapy.
Developing an evidence-based oral care policy may help to prevent or to more effectively manage oral mucositis in oncology patients.
Issues in Cancer Survivorship
Depression accompanies the disease in some people with cancer; in some depression may even predict outcome.
Doxorubicin is an anthracycline antibiotic that is used to treat lymphoblastic and acute myeloblastic leukemias, several types of cancer, Kaposi sarcoma related to AIDS, malignant ...
Radiation and Your Patient
External irradiation modalities can maximize radiation doses to tumor tissue while minimizing radiation dose to healthy tissues.
For the author, the life stories of patients are more like mysteries than anything. Sometimes the story she thought she knew turns out to be ...
From Cancer Care
When making the copayments on expensive cancer therapies becomes a struggle for patients, a referral to CancerCare can help to alleviate the burden.
Ask a Pharmacist
Studies show that alternate dosages of fulvestrant may be efficacious, and adverse effects are similar in all regimens.
The Total Patient
Centralized telephone medical management, with automated symptom monitoring and a long distance reach, improved cancer patients' pain and depression.
The author describes taking care of Sam, a young patient with osteogenic sarcoma, as well as the valuable lesson she learned from Sam's mother.
The Patient's Voice
The author reflects on enrolling in a clinical trial comparing active surveillance with immediate intervention in men with favorable-risk prostate cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|