The FDA approved the indication expansion for ipilimumab based on evidence from 2 clinical trials evaluating its safety and efficacy in pediatric patients.
Study of patients with resected high-risk melanoma reveals higher rates of treatment-related adverse events with 10 vs 3 mg/kg.
Immunotherapy alone is not effective in prostate cancer; however, combining it with PD-1/PD-L1 and VISTA inhibitors is effective.
Repeat doses of ipilimumab can restore a complete remission in patients with advanced blood cancers who relapse after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (alloHSCT).
Case Reports Show an Association Between Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors and Risk for Rheumatologic DisordersJuly 11, 2016
A small number of patients with cancer treated with immune checkpoint inhibitors may have higher-than-usual risk of developing autoimmune joint and tissue diseases, including inflammatory arthritis, according to a case report on 13 patients has shown.
Final analysis of data from the phase 3 KEYNOTE-006 presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting confirm the superiority of pembrolizumab over ipilimumab for advanced melanoma.
An international study demonstrated that ipilimumab improves the relapse-free survival of patients with advanced stage melanoma who are rendered free of disease surgically but at high risk for relapse.
The adverse event profile of nivolumab with or without ipilimumab in patients with glioblastoma was encouraging.
Adjuvant ipilimumab significantly improves recurrence-free survival in patients with completely resected stage III melanoma at high risk of disease recurrence, but is also associated with a high rate of adverse events.
Almost half of patients with blood cancer who had relapsed following allogeneic stem cell transplantation benefitted from treatment with the immune checkpoint blocker ipilimumab.
Pairing ipilimumab with sargramostim gives patients about five extra months survival time for patients with advanced melanoma, researchers report.
Among patients with advanced melanoma, presence of higher levels of the protein VEGF in blood was associated with poor response to treatment with the immunotherapy ipilimumab.
High pretreatment VEGF levels have been linked to lower survival after ipilimumab treatment.
Findings from a phase I study of concurrent ipilimumab and nivolumab for advanced melanoma
A new study suggests radiotherapy may hold clinical promise for the control of local lymph node bed recurrence of malignant melanoma.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|