Generic Name and Formulations:
Apraclonidine (as HCl) 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for IOPIDINE:
Short-term adjunctive therapy to reduce elevated IOP.
Remove contact lenses; may reinsert 15min after instillation. 1–2 drops 3 times daily. Allow at least 5min between instillation of other oph drugs.
Clonidine allergy. Concomitant MAOIs.
Monitor visual fields. Severe uncontrolled cardiovascular disease, hypertension, coronary insufficiency. Recent myocardial infarction. Cerebrovascular disease. Raynaud's syndrome. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Discontinue if ocular allergic-like reactions occur. Renal or hepatic impairment: closely monitor cardiovascular parameters. Depression. Masks hypoglycemia. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May potentiate CNS depressants, alcohol. May be antagonized by tricyclic antidepressants. Additive hypotensive effects with neuroleptics; hypotensive and pulse effects with β-blockers, antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides, others (eg, clonidine).
Hyperemia, pruritus, dry mouth, itching, discomfort, tearing, dizziness, solmnolence, lid edema, blurred vision, foreign body sensation, dry eye, conjunctivitis, discharge, blanching, headache, asthenia, dry nose, taste perversion; tachyphylaxis may develop after 1 month.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|