Intimacy And Sexual Relationships
Older cancer survivors' self-reports of sexual activity and functioning are comparable to age-matched people without cancer; despite this, sexual dissatisfaction is more prevalent among cancer survivors than age-matched cancer-free persons.
Oncology nurses can learn to identify cases of intimate partner violence (IPV).
Nurse-led interdisciplinary Workgroup on Intimacy, Sexuality, and Cancer improved education and access to resources in an outpatient oncology setting.
The LGBTQI community experience health disparities due to reduced access to health care and insurance, coupled with an elevated risk for multiple types of cancer compared with non-LGBTQI populations, according to recent research.
This case study examines a case of sex-related headaches in a breast cancer survivor after treatment for ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).
Although their lives eventually return to normal after treatment, some men have to cope with lingering effects of their treatment that affects their libido or sexual function. Daniel Watter, EdD, offers guidance tips to share with patients who are surviving prostate cancer that can help them through the recovery process.
Many lung cancer patients experience difficulties with sexual expression and intimacy, a topic that has long been ignored by doctors and researchers.
Preparative procedures and complications associated with blood or bone marrow transplantation have been tied to diminished sexual health in both men and women, according to new research.
Do you squirm when patients ask about the affects of cancer on their sexuality? A therapist explains how to talk with cancer patients about sexuality.
A posttreatment assessment of men who underwent treatment for prostate cancer revealed a side effect that has a significant impact on patients.
Men have a surprising lack of awareness about prostate cancer, according to results of a new survey. A significant gap exists between the facts about prostate cancer and what men believe about the disease.
Spermatogonial stem cells were used to overcome male infertility, which could help prepubertal boys rendered infertile by cancer treatments.
Compared with prostatectomy, surveillance will likely reduce prostate cancer-specific survival only slightly and greatly enhance quality of life.
Researchers have identified 12 genetic markers linked with susceptibility for erectile dysfunction after radiotherapy for prostate cancer.
Women who receive aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer after menopause experience very high levels of sexual difficulties, including low interest, insufficient lubrication, and pain with intercourse, according to a recent study.
Responses to radiation therapy are significantly different among patients with oropharyngeal cancer, depending on if they carry the human papillomavirus (HPV). More individualized radiation treatment regimens could result from these findings, according to a recent study.
Young women who have the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutation feel differently about their options for relationships, treatment, childbearing, and careers. In this study, researchers evaluated the psychosocial consequences of carrying the BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations.
One year after men undergo surgical removal of prostate cancer, they have significant anxiety, which appears to be linked to poor sexual satisfaction and depression.
CancerCare, a leading provider of assistance for patients, discusses resources to help oncology nurses provide culturally competent care to patients in the LGBT community.
Based on associations between HPV and head and neck cancer, what public health initiatives should be implemented? What is the significance of food-drug interactions with oral TKIs?
Data collected from 261 women with gynecologic and breast cancers indicated that 41.6% were interested in receiving medical help for sexual issues, but only 7% had actually sought such care.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- HIIT Improves Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Patients With Resectable NSCLC
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Recurrence Score Appears To Be Driving Personalized Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Smoking-related Cancer Deaths Highest in Southern United States
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|