A nurse-drive protocol tackled the influenza and pneumococcal vaccine uptake rates at an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, according to a presentation at 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
Seasonal influenza vaccination was associated with increased rates of immunologic toxicity in patients with lung cancer receiving PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy blockade.
Oseltamivir decreases duration of influenza symptoms by about 1 day and decreases possible respiratory infections by 44%.
The CDC issued a report that supports earlier findings, stating that the efficacy of this year's flu vaccine is low.
Researchers associated with the Mount Sinai Health System believe that a universal flu vaccine could be closer to development.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved RAPIVAB, an intravenous neuraminidase inhibitor for the treatment of acute uncomplicated influenza in patients 18 years and older.
The FDA has approved Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent vaccine for influenza.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a health warning about the current flu vaccine.
Those same experts report the flu vaccine is safe for patients who have not had a stem cell transplant.
People with weakened immune systems due to cancer are at increased risk of severe complications from the influenza virus, according to experts.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|