A team of researchers discovered a method for early detection of aspergillosis, a potentially deadly fungal infection, in patients whose disease or treatment involves immune system suppression.
New research from infection control specialists found that UV robots helped reduce transmission rates of Clostridium difficile. The intervention also saved approximately $150,000 in annual direct medical costs.
The bacterium that causes Q fever, an infectious disease that humans contract from animals, is associated with an increased risk of lymphoma.
A patient's microbial diversity, even before they start cancer treatment, can be linked to risk of infection during induction chemotherapy.
This review discusses common risk factors, treatment, and preventive measures for aspergillosis in hematopoietic stem transplantation recipients.
A newly developed antifungal has proved as effective against invasive mold disease in cancer patients as the standardly used drug, voriconazole, with fewer side effects.
People with late-stage cancer at the back of the mouth or throat that recurs after chemotherapy and radiation treatment are twice as likely to be alive 2 years later if their cancer is caused by the human papillomavirus.
A team of researchers has identified a novel mutation in the hepatitis B virus (HBV) in Korea that appears only in men and could help explain why HBV-infected men are roughly five times more likely than HBV-infected women to develop liver cancer.
Certain types of papillomavirus might actually prevent cervical cancer, according to a new study. More than 100 different types of HPV are known, and approximately 14 "high-risk" HPV types are known to cause cervical cancer.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|