A team of researchers discovered a method for early detection of aspergillosis, a potentially deadly fungal infection, in patients whose disease or treatment involves immune system suppression.
New research from infection control specialists found that UV robots helped reduce transmission rates of Clostridium difficile. The intervention also saved approximately $150,000 in annual direct medical costs.
The bacterium that causes Q fever, an infectious disease that humans contract from animals, is associated with an increased risk of lymphoma.
A patient's microbial diversity, even before they start cancer treatment, can be linked to risk of infection during induction chemotherapy.
This review discusses common risk factors, treatment, and preventive measures for aspergillosis in hematopoietic stem transplantation recipients.
A newly developed antifungal has proved as effective against invasive mold disease in cancer patients as the standardly used drug, voriconazole, with fewer side effects.
People with late-stage cancer at the back of the mouth or throat that recurs after chemotherapy and radiation treatment are twice as likely to be alive 2 years later if their cancer is caused by the human papillomavirus.
A team of researchers has identified a novel mutation in the hepatitis B virus (HBV) in Korea that appears only in men and could help explain why HBV-infected men are roughly five times more likely than HBV-infected women to develop liver cancer.
Certain types of papillomavirus might actually prevent cervical cancer, according to a new study. More than 100 different types of HPV are known, and approximately 14 "high-risk" HPV types are known to cause cervical cancer.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- LIVESTRONG Exercise Program Improves QoL in Cancer Survivors
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Assessment of Stromal Features in DCIS Requires Robustness
- Profile of Tivantinib and its Potential in the Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: the evidence to date
- RANKL Inhibition May Represent Promising Breast Cancer Prevention Strategy
- Bi-allelic Inactivation Common in BRCA1 and BRCA Breast Cancers
- In HER2+ Breast Cancer, Higher TIL Levels Associated With Improved OS
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|