A team of researchers discovered a method for early detection of aspergillosis, a potentially deadly fungal infection, in patients whose disease or treatment involves immune system suppression.
New research from infection control specialists found that UV robots helped reduce transmission rates of Clostridium difficile. The intervention also saved approximately $150,000 in annual direct medical costs.
The bacterium that causes Q fever, an infectious disease that humans contract from animals, is associated with an increased risk of lymphoma.
A patient's microbial diversity, even before they start cancer treatment, can be linked to risk of infection during induction chemotherapy.
This review discusses common risk factors, treatment, and preventive measures for aspergillosis in hematopoietic stem transplantation recipients.
A newly developed antifungal has proved as effective against invasive mold disease in cancer patients as the standardly used drug, voriconazole, with fewer side effects.
People with late-stage cancer at the back of the mouth or throat that recurs after chemotherapy and radiation treatment are twice as likely to be alive 2 years later if their cancer is caused by the human papillomavirus.
A team of researchers has identified a novel mutation in the hepatitis B virus (HBV) in Korea that appears only in men and could help explain why HBV-infected men are roughly five times more likely than HBV-infected women to develop liver cancer.
Certain types of papillomavirus might actually prevent cervical cancer, according to a new study. More than 100 different types of HPV are known, and approximately 14 "high-risk" HPV types are known to cause cervical cancer.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Metronomic Chemotherapy: Improved Tumor Blood Supply Leads to Better Treatment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|