Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
Researchers have determined the risk of infection for immunomodulatory drug-based therapy and proteasome inhibitor-based therapy with respect to treatment phase in patients with multiple myeloma.
[Cancer Control] Two cases of Bordetella pertussis infection that led to pneumonia in patients with cancer are reviewed.
Bacteria present in the gut may predict a patient's risk for life-threatening blood infections after high-dose chemotherapy.
Formation of a multidisciplinary team and a focus on evidence-based interventions successfully reduced the rate of central line bloodstream infections (CLABSI) on an inpatient oncology unit.
PICC Claiming Antithrombogenic, Antimicrobial Properties Failed to Reduce Thromboses, Line DysfunctionApril 30, 2016
A PICC with preclinical data claiming antithrombogenic and antimicrobial properties failed to reduce the rate of CLABSI or catheter-related thromboses compared with a standard PICC.
Chemotherapy for breast cancer can affect the body's ability to ward off common illnesses.
Continuous antibiotic treatment can reduce infections in young patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This review discusses common risk factors, treatment, and preventive measures for aspergillosis in hematopoietic stem transplantation recipients.
Many people are unaware that prostate cancer may sometimes be transmitted sexually.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Incidence of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder High Among Patients With Cancer
- Long-Term Night Shift Work Associated With Cancer Risk in Women
- Distress, Neuroticism Predict Long-term Emotional Distress After Cancer Diagnosis
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Lenvatinib Plus Pembrolizumab for RCC
- Bacteria in Probiotics Carry Potential Risks for Immunocompromised Patients
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Breast Cancer Deaths Decrease Sharply Since 2000
- Identifying the Psychosocial Needs of Young Adults With Metastatic Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|