Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
Researchers have determined the risk of infection for immunomodulatory drug-based therapy and proteasome inhibitor-based therapy with respect to treatment phase in patients with multiple myeloma.
[Cancer Control] Two cases of Bordetella pertussis infection that led to pneumonia in patients with cancer are reviewed.
Bacteria present in the gut may predict a patient's risk for life-threatening blood infections after high-dose chemotherapy.
Formation of a multidisciplinary team and a focus on evidence-based interventions successfully reduced the rate of central line bloodstream infections (CLABSI) on an inpatient oncology unit.
PICC Claiming Antithrombogenic, Antimicrobial Properties Failed to Reduce Thromboses, Line DysfunctionApril 30, 2016
A PICC with preclinical data claiming antithrombogenic and antimicrobial properties failed to reduce the rate of CLABSI or catheter-related thromboses compared with a standard PICC.
Chemotherapy for breast cancer can affect the body's ability to ward off common illnesses.
Continuous antibiotic treatment can reduce infections in young patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This review discusses common risk factors, treatment, and preventive measures for aspergillosis in hematopoietic stem transplantation recipients.
Many people are unaware that prostate cancer may sometimes be transmitted sexually.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|